WET200 - connection lock up - how to reset the bridge?

Unanswered Question
Jun 15th, 2009

We have WET200 wireless bridges, which we use in vehicles with mobile data terminals, to provide a network connection. They have the most up to date firmware.

Occasionally, they lockup and lose the network connection. However, as we have about 100 of them, this is happening daily.

The connection can be restored from the PC connected to the bridge by browsing to the admin screens, changing something (anything) and the device will restart, re-establishing the connection. This cannot be done remotely - because the connection is down.

I want to be able to produce a small application for the attached PC that can see the network connection is down and restart the bridge. HTTP is a rubbish protocol to do this - is there any other way I can reset these devices? Telnet? SMNP? Anything?

Or is there any way I can tell the bridge to reset itself? Say after the network has been down for an hour? Or just every 24 hours?

Any help is very gratefully received - we have so many of these things, we are chasing all over the place just resetting the bridges at the moment, and some way of doing it remotely or automatically would be a big improvement!

Thanks

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode