cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7936 Conference Station Phone issue.

lalitputhran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

can anyone help in in resolving Cisco 7936 Conference issue.

Problem is : I have a Cisco 7936 Conference station phone which says " Unable to contact to TFTP Server " Its a DHCL configuration and iam ping the phone from the network.

Is there any on how to resolve this issue and also there is older version of Firmware running on the 7936 Phone which avoid phones to register with the call manager server.

Please let me know.

Thanks & Regds,

Lalit

2 Replies 2

david-lima
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Lalit, if DHCP settings are correct, try testing connectivity from CUCM server to the IP Address assigned to the non-registered phone.

Do you have configured VLANS?, make sure that there are not routing issues.

Also, you can try registering another functional phone on the same physical port where the 7936 is connected.

All the best.

David.

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with a 7936. After changing from CCMExpress to CUCM 7.1(2a) all phones register and update to the new CUCM, only the 7936 wouldn't register (could not contact tftp). But it could, I sniffer the traffic, DHCP (also from CUCM) works and the phone get its configuration file from exactly that tftp, but it would take the offered callmanager. (Phone is HW 2.0 and SW 3.2.20)

If nobody has an idea for it, I would open a case for this issue.

Thanks,

Heiko

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: