cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to make support in a 3845 router or 2851 router, 8 modules HWIC.

josedunet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to make support in a 3845 router or 2851 router, 8 modules HWIC.

Which extension module or slots I may buy to increase the number of slots available on one route 3845 (4 slots) or over the 2851 (3 slots) Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 2851 supports three HWIC modules also.

To us NM modules to expand HWIC slots, tis not a good idea, because it's expensive and complicated to do so.

Thank you p.bevilacqua.

It is the HWIC-3G-GSM which supports only one sim card Who take me many slots while I would like to have it 3; what makes 3 HWIC-3G-GSM module.

Can we have this kind of module which can set on the only one slot 3 sim card? Or another gsm gateway which cisco proposes in that case to be able to support several sim card?

Thank you.

I think you should be able to use 3 x HWIC-3G-GSM. Note that if you do that to multiply bandwidth, do not assume that is an easy configuration and that you will have tangible results.

Yes if I puts 3 HWIC-3G-GSm, I cannot thus add any more my 2 VIC2-FXO, 1 VIC2-FXS, 1 module of unity express.

Be what it will want to say that I have to choose to put some module and to leave of the other one in spite of the need is there?

You can use an NM-HD for the VIC cards, and either an NM ot AIM version for the CUE. So, all the modules fits in one router.

However as mentioned before, do not assume that you can use 3 GSM modules simultaneously to triplicate bandwidth.

Ok.

Just like that, could you advise me a billing software which works with CCME and can allow me to grant $1000 to a user for example and as soon as he stop consuming for this amount, his call will cuts and he cannot call up any more?

thank you.

No such software that I know. What you are talking about is prepaid card and has nothing to do with CME, is used by ITSP, uses radius and a lot of other complicated things.

Stonevoice does regular billing software for CME, and few others.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco