Level 1

Hi

I have two sites one is configured with:

router eigrp 2

redistribute static

network 99.0.0.0

no auto-summary

no eigrp log-neighbor-changes

The other end is not configured with EIGRP. The below ip address is of the swtich without eigrp configured. Could this be the cause of EIGRP flapping over the link?

%DUAL-5-NBRCHANGE: IP-EIGRP(0) 2: Neighbor 99.99.99.99 (Vlan1) is down: holding time expired

I have another 3 sites with only one connection back to the DC should they all be part of:

router eigrp 2

redistribute static

network 99.0.0.0

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Levent

There are several aspects of your post that I do not understand. You seem to be saying that the second site is not configured for EIGRP but that the address in the error message is the switch at the second site. The message says that there is an EIGRP neighbor at 99.99.99.99. There can not be an EIGRP neighbor if the device is not configured for EIGRP. So either 99.99.99.99 is not really at the second site, or it is not true that the second site is not configured for EIGRP. Perhaps you can clarify what is going on?

You have not provided enough information about the another 3 sites for us to advise whether they should be part of your EIGRP. Can you tell us more about your topology?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi

Sorry for the lack of info. Please see below:

Pleae see ddiagram attached.

CS_1 and Cs_2 has the following configured

router eigrp 2

redistribute static

network 99.0.0.0

no auto-summary

no eigrp log-neighbor-changes

The Datacenter doesnt have and configuration for eigrp nor does the remote sites.

On 11 June 5 in the morning i recieved this error on CS_2:

Jun 11 05:02:37.632: %DUAL-5-NBRCHANGE: IP-EIGRP(0) 2: Neighbor 99.99.99.99 (Vlan1) is down: holding time expired

Jun 11 05:03:00.105: %HSRP-4-DUPADDR: Duplicate address 88.88.88.88 on Vlan80, sourced by 000e.386e.49ff

Jun 11 05:03:02.041: %DUAL-5-NBRCHANGE: IP-EIGRP(0) 2: Neighbor 99.99.99.99 (Vlan1) is up: new adjacency

I trace the vlan 1 to see what made the toplogy change and it goes round in a circule

CS_1 to SG_1 to Dis_1 to Dis_2 to SG_2 to CS_2 back to CS_1.

Hi.

I still believe that we are little left out in the cold in regard to enough information.

You have EIGRP routing running for network 99.0.0.0 but we do not see the relevant interface config for the two routers CS_1 and CS_2, and equally important we do not have any info whatsoever about the boxes SG_1, SG_2, Dis_1 and Dis_2. What are they? How are they configured?

The log tells that for some reason a duplicate IP has happened on VLAN80 where a unit with the MAC address of 000e.386e.49ff claims to have the 88.88.88.88 address which is used for HSRP somewhere. But as we do not know anything about VLANs and their config in your network, we simply cannot be of much help.

Regards, Ingolf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card