Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS deployment on 6513

tarnhundal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have 6513 switch. i have create a template for QOS to be deployed on switch but i m not able to deploy service policy on interface, i m getting error when doing output policy that MQC not supported on this interface , when i do the same with input interface then getting error that NBAR matching protocols are not supported. actually i have create the simple template with allocating bandwidth percent to each class according to its prirority. plz tell me how can i deploy the service policy. and if possible plz suggest any better template for 6513 switch

thanx and regards,

Tarn

5 Replies 5

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Generally, 6500 LAN ports don't support MQC like Cisco routers do. Some 6500/7600 WAN cards are very QoS feature rich but you didn't provide much in the way of details.

Have you reviewed the QoS section of the configuration quide for the IOS your 6513 is using?

what information u need dear ? i wll send u

regards,

Tarn

You don't need to send me anything, but if you want others to understand what you have, you need to detail more than you're working with a 6513. Things like sup, line cards, IOS, etc., determine much what can, and can not be done. Providing your template would be useful too.

You also didn't answer the question whether you've read the QoS section of the configuration guide, e.g. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SX/configuration/guide/qos.html

I have studied this document also other documents. but the thing is that i m applying particular bandwidth to each class means using CBWFQ. LLQ is not used due to some reasons. so plz tell me what shud i do now to implement it. shud i create virtual templates to apply it or not ?

regards,

Tarn

hi dear ,

what u think will it be fine to implement policy maps for real time traffic like audio and video. i m implementing with bandwidth percentage to all class maps but until i wll not apply policy maps it will not deploy as service policy on any interface.

thanx and regards,

Tarn

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card