Views
Helpful
Replies

Enterprise Attendant Console - Database connection fails

amaia.lesta
Level 4
Level 4

Dear all,

I am testing the Enterprise Attendant Console software (CUEAC). The test environment is the following one:

- 4 CCM servers

- 1 Unity server

- 2 UCCS servers

- NO CUPS

I have installed the CUEAC server and client. When the client logs in in the bottom part of the client software it is shown in red an error message: Database not connected and he can't view any directory contact in the screen.

What could be failing? There are no instructions about the Operator login rights to be configured in CCM , MS SQL or CUEAC so I don't know how to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance for your kind feedback.

Best regards

Amaia

11 Replies 11

allenelson
Level 1
Level 1

Good luck on your journey. I'm only chiming in because I cannot even get the server installed. After a system format on a 7825, a fresh install of 2003, all updates applied, the install fails to create the database.

Hi,

Good luck.

As I couldn't get it working on the real server I have perform the exact same procedure to install it in a virtual machine (not supported by Cisco). In the virtual machine it works, but I don't know why.

Best regards,

Amaia Lesta

Guys I think the problem is that during the install SQL is installed with a password on the SA account. This is not a complex account and hense may fail your group policy. Move the server in AD to a separate area to prevent the implimentation of Group Policy, install, change the SA password and put the server back to its proper place in AD.

Regards

Frank.

Great feedback - that is the likely issue...

If you need help with this, feel free to post here, contact TAC, or register for the new Arc Forum for questions on Arc and CUxAC products. Visit http://forum.arcsolutions.com to register

Thanks

pmciver
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Amaia,

I suspect that is due to the ODBC connection failing. Typical causes of this are as follows;

1: Client is unable to pinght the CUxAC/SQL server by name

2: SQL Browser service is stopped

3: ODBC Driver is missing

I hope this helps.

I have the same problem, have had ticket open with ARC for 3 days now, no response. Sent a screen shot of the database. It creates it in SQL and then never attaches to the CT program. I can see the arcdb I created in SQL and the MDF and LDF files.... but nothing else.

I'll check the other services.... but how do I verify these bullet points 1,2,3?

Thanks!

Are you referring to Arc Enterprise or CUEAC? This thread is relating to CUEAC?

If it is Arc Enterprise, please contact Arc directly at support@arcsolutions.com, or use the forum the http://forum.arcsolutions.com

Hi tcatlinins,

point 1, If you could attempt to ping the Arc Server/SQL Server by Name. If this is not possible either update DNS to allow this or put an Entry in the Host file.

Point 2: this is a SQL Service running on the SQL Server, ensure this is started.

3: Under Administrative Tools, check that within ODBC Connections that there is a System DSN with the description containing Configuration Database.

ARC had me uninstall SQL 2005 and put on SQL Express. Not sure if that did anything or not.

But I had to use the instance to configure the DBs.

So select the server then the instance name, which I found in the ODBC configs. Mine, and probably the rest are hostname\SQLEXPRESS (hostname is the sql express server)

what a pain! Thanks for the tip for looking in ODBC.. it pointed me in the right direction, even thought System DSN was blank.

Hello guys ,

What about windows seven ? whats the corresponding registry entry ?

thanks

I would suggest to have a look at Imagicle Blue's Attendant:

http://www.imagicle.com/Products/Collaboration/AttendantConsoleandCTI/BluesAttendantEnterprise/tabid/383/language/en-US/Default.aspx

Imagicle is also part of Cisco portfolio and available on GPL for Call Accounting and Billing, IP Fax Server and Advanced directories.

Regards.

Christian Bongiovanni

coCEO and CTO

Imagicle Spa

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: