configure Policy Based Routing - CISCO Router 2800 - ASA 5510

subashmbi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Our network is configured as follows:

Cisco Router 2800:

External Interface:

- Two ADSL WAN modules (for internet connectivity)

- A CISCO Switch 2950 on the outside interface which is connected to WIFI APs .

Internal Interface:

- CISCO ASA 5510 which is in turn connected to a CISCO Switch 3560 POE

See attached diagram.

We have created two VLANS within the Switch and distributed our clients accordingly.

We do not have a dedicated IP assigned by our ISP but instead use a Dynamic IP service No-IP.com.

We run the following that require access from external to the network: Exchange email, OWA, SharePoint and VLAN

We have been trying to distribute the traffic to optimise bandwidth utilisation by segregating networks users.

Thank you

4 Replies 4

Subash,

You may try to do load-balancing for outbound direction.

Please check out these links.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080950834.shtml

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_configuration_example09186a00808d2b72.shtml

In case you really want to do PBR. You can separate source of traffic(f.e. 1 vlan each link/ISP) to do PBR on the router. However the links I provided will save you from NAT problems.

HTH,

Toshi

Hi Toshi,

I have 2 ATM interface , binds into the dialer0 and 1 for SDSL purpose.

can i use the multilink in the SDSL scenarios.2 dialer into 1 group.

Please find my config.

Subash,

Sorry for replying you too late. In case you want to do MLPPP. You have to make sure that 2 ATM interfaces coming from the same ISP/the same router(Properly be). Because you have to configure this requirement on both sides.

HTH,

Toshi

Thanks for your reply.

True...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: