cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls being sent out on POTS line instead of backup Voice Gateway

smuller
Level 1
Level 1

We have two sites and at each site we have a voice gateway and a PRI. I want to set it up so that when the PRI at one site goes down, the call would be sent to the PRI at the other site. If that PRI is also down, then the call should go out the POTS line. I have 3 dial-peers configured with preferences. When I unplug the PRI at the site, instead of going out the second site's PRI it sends the call out the POTS line. If I unplug the POTS line, then the call is sent out the second PRI. Both gateways are H323. Debug voip dialpeer shows the second PRI and the POTS line match and the second PRI is listed first, but the call still goes out the POTS line.

Does anyone see what I have wrong?

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First of all you cannot detect and route around an FXO failure.

This said, I haven;t check your config, but the 2nd choice DP should be voip, is that the case ?

Thanks heaven PRIs don't fail so often.

You're right. We actually removed the POTS line DP to make sure the calls would go out the second PRI, instead of unplugging it.

Yes, the second DP is voip.

This is possible.

It would look something like this:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

port 0/0/0:23

destination-pattern 9.T

dial-peer voice 2 voip

preference 1

destination-pattern 9.T

session target ipv4:1.1.1.1

codec g711ulaw

no vad

dtmf-relay h245-alpha

dial-peer voice 3 pots

preference 2

destination-pattern 9.T

port 0/0/0

If your PRI is down the voice port is down and dial peer 1 is shut down.

If your remote PRI is down, the remote gateway will shut down it's pots dial peer and send back a 404 (as long as you don't have another route to somewhere else).

Then you send it out your POTS on dial peer 3.

-nick

With the destination patterns all being the same, it makes the selection based on the preference, right? I have preference 2 for the local PRI, preference 3 for the remote PRI and preference 5 for the local POTS line, but it still goes out the local POTS line instead of the remote PRI if the local PRI is down.

These are my dial-peers for local calls:

dial-peer voice 7 pots

preference 2

destination-pattern 8[2-9]......

port 0/2/0:23

forward-digits 7

dial-peer voice 8 voip

preference 3

session target ipv4:1.1.1.1

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

no vad

dial-peer voice 9 pots

preference 5

port 0/0/0

forward-digits 7

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: