cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reset the GUI Password for Call Manager

armysignalsgt
Level 1
Level 1

So this post http://supportwiki.cisco.com/ViewWiki/index.php/Cisco_CallManager_5.x:_Unable_to_Access_OS_Administration_Web_Page

only gives instructions on how to change the "console" administration password.

How do I reset/ change the GUI (Callmanager Unity Administration) password??

I try it from the console, but it wants the old password...

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OK, there needs to be some clarification on this. I already provided you with the method to change the CCMadministrator pwd on my other post, i never mentioned anything about using set password admin for this, also it's worth noticing that command is to change the IPT platform pwd, not the GUI pwd.

Just out of curiosity... have you tried to login with ciscocisco into the GUI and change the pwd as i instructed before??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

parshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

To set the GUI password, you will need to access the CLI (ssh) of the server. There you can use the following command to set the GUI password

set password admin

Thanks,

run sql update applicationuser set

password='f3f84fcd7934cd48ef4fef0d9057c21d000ffe229fbd0a247ee491927aa30f02'

where name='CCMAdministrator'

This command will reset the password of CCMAdministrator to ciscocisco which you can then change in application

webpage (User management-> Application User -> CCAdministrator ).

set password requires you to know the old pwd to work

set password

{admin | security}

The systems prompts you for the old and new passwords.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/5_0_4/iptpappa.html#wp1011080

BTW all this is for CUCM 5.X since the post has a link for a 5.X doc, if not, then please provide full version on future posts

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks- I found this online last night as well. I typed in the line "run sql update applicationuser set password='....' exactly as written.

It said, "rows: 9" and went back to the command prompt.

I tried "set password admin" with "ciscocisco" as the password, but it said the old password still did not match.

I'm running Version 5.03.1000-2 and this is really driving me crazy. Other ideas?

Thanks for the help!

OK, there needs to be some clarification on this. I already provided you with the method to change the CCMadministrator pwd on my other post, i never mentioned anything about using set password admin for this, also it's worth noticing that command is to change the IPT platform pwd, not the GUI pwd.

Just out of curiosity... have you tried to login with ciscocisco into the GUI and change the pwd as i instructed before??

HTH

java

HTH

java

Parshah- That asks for the old password.

We don't know what the password is.

Thanks

Hi,

I apologize for the confusion. I gave you the wrong command.

So to reset the CCMAdmin web page password you will need to access the CLI of the PUB using a ssh client like putty or secure CRT.

In the CLI you will have to issue the following command

utils reset_ui_administrator_password

This will prompt you for a new password. You don't need to put in your old password. Please refer to this link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cli_ref/7_1_2/cli_ref_712.html#wp42408

Now, this command has been introduced in the newer version of CUCM. So in case you do not have this command in the CLI than you will have to do the workaround as java suggested.

Again sorry for the confusion.

THANK YOU BOTH.

The "utils reset_ui_administrator_password " didn't work.

We typed in the ENTIRE phrase that javalenc gave us and it allowed us to access into the GUI w/ the ciscocisco password. Unfortunately, when we go to user management -> application user - it comes up with a search box and "ccadministrator" doesn't return anything.

We're learning in babysteps how to use this thing, (no one here is even CCNA certified,) but at least we have access now. We're building a training lab to teach Soldiers how to troubleshoot problems w/ the phones, since Cisco VOIP is becoming the Army standard on stable bases overseas.. We have 6 CM servers in conjunction w/ 7941 and 7985 phones, AND several CM Express (2800 series) routers too. (To setup several SEPARATE phone networks.)

(We're on CM 5.0.1000-12, it will take some time to find the contract info and whatnot to see if we're eligible for a free software upgrade. If we have to buy anything it takes 6+ months and Mountains of Paperwork... )

These call manager servers were bought in 2006 and they have never been used- Thanks again for getting us closer!

Hi William,

Just a thought here, but I think that this line

"ccadministrator"

should be (note the "m");

"ccmadministrator"

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: