cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Couldn't bring up a switch Port-channel connecting to WAVE-574

gwhuang5398
Level 2
Level 2

I'm connecting WAVE-574's two GigE ports to two GigE ports on the switch. The WAVE-574 is running WCCP (the inline adapter is not in use). Two switch ports are in a Port-channel, and two WAVE-574 ports are also configured in Port-channel. I have tried "auto/auto" on those ports, and "1000 full" too. Either case, the port-channel interface on the switch is always "down down", while both switch ports are "up up", and the WAVE-574 Port-channel and GigE ports are also showing up.

What can be the issue here? I have used the same config on between a WAE-674 and a 10/100 switch, the port-channel on the switch is just fine.

Here are the configs:

Switch#

interface Port-channel1

description To WAVE-574

switchport

switchport access vlan 100

switchport mode access

spanning-tree portfast

interface GigabitEthernet3/12

description To WAVE-574

switchport mode access

channel-group 1 mode desirable

spanning-tree portfast

interface GigabitEthernet3/13

description To WAVE-574

switchport mode access

channel-group 1 mode desirable

spanning-tree portfast

WAVE-574#

primary-interface PortChannel 1

!

interface PortChannel 1

description To Switch Port-channel 1

ip address 192.168.100.10 255.255.255.0

exit

interface GigabitEthernet 1/0

description To Switch Gi3/12

channel-group 1

exit

interface GigabitEthernet 2/0

description To Switch Gi3/13

channel-group 1

exit

Thanks in advance

Gary

2 Replies 2

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Gary,

Did you figure this one out? If not, I would open a TAC case on this one. It all looks good to me. The WAE interfaces should be auto for Gig-E.

Dan

Hi Dan:

Thanks for the reply. I have not made it work yet. I have tried setting ports to auto-sensing or static "1000, full-duplex". Either case, the switch port-channel is "down down", while the WAE port-channel is shown as "UP".

Right now, looks like only one GigE port in the channel is actually carrying traffic.

If you can help me out on this, that'll be great.

Thanks again

Gary

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: