cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

remote access VPN on Cisco VPN concentrator

truongdinh
Level 1
Level 1

I have a VPN concentrator 3005 with 64MB RAM running the latest concentrator code 4.7.2.x, latest code.

According to Cisco documentation, the concentrator can handle 200 remote access IPSec VPN:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps5743/ps5749/ps2284/product_data_sheet09186a00801d3b56.html

However, in my production Cisco Concentrator 3005, the maximum of concurrent connections it can handle is between 25 to 30 conncurrent connections. Any more attempts after that failed.

I would like to know why the big difference between cisco documentation and my production environment.

Many thanks.

1 Reply 1

slmansfield
Level 4
Level 4

You might want to check the load that those VPN sessions put on the box as well as the CPU utlization to see if either value is excessive.

The Monitor section provides extensive statistics which may also help isolate a load issue.

The Filterable Event Log may provide some insight into system and VPN activities to help pinpoint a problem.

One thing I've found that adds a lot of overhead is excessive logging. Check the number of classes you are logging and the severity levels that you have set.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: