cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable Events of Virtual-Access interfaces!

asad747
Level 1
Level 1

Dear friends!

I have BRAS(s) of 7206VXR n 10008 series. I have added them DFM of LMS 2.6. And enabled nofitication services via Email.

But since then i have been flooded with the emails of Vi interfaces UP/Down status (from 1000s of PPPoE users connected to BRAS).

I wanna know how can i disable notification of Virtual-Access Interfaces?? I have tried following commands on Virtual-Template and ATM interfaces.. but logs keep comming..

no logging event link-status

Can someone tell me exact command i need to enter on the routers?? or the settings which can be made on LMS to stop events related to Virtual Access Interface???

Regards,

Asad

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will need to go to DFM > Device Management > Device Details, and unmanage the interfaces you do not care about.

Dear Clarke!

I found the option. But the thing is these itnerface are virtual interface cloned from Virtual Templates. Now i can see 1000s of such interfaces. And its not possible to do the procedure of UNmanage them. As their numbering changes everytime.

What could be the alternate method to do it??

What is the ifType of the interfaces you do not want managed? Are there any interfaces of this type that you do want managed?

This is the alert Notification.

=============================================

EVENT ID = 000LC83

ALERT ID = 00000S2

TIME = Tue 16-Jun-2009 13:59:45 BDT

STATUS = Cleared

SEVERITY = Informational

MANAGED OBJECT = x.x.x.x

MANAGED OBJECT TYPE = Routers

EVENT DESCRIPTION = OperationallyDown::Component=IF-x.x.x.x/2509 [Vi2.2420];Type=PPP;OperStatus=UP;InterfaceCode=CODEUNKNOWN;DuplexMode=FULLDUPLEX;AdminStatus=UP;LastChangedAt=16-Jun-2009 1:59:45 PM;IsFlapping=false;MaxSpeed=282000;Mode=NORMAL;

CUSTOMER IDENTIFICATION = HeadOffice

===================================================

Moreover can you tell me when set threshold.. I get there type of Interfaces groups ( Interface, Access, Trunk) .

How to determine in which category my this interface will fall??

Regards,

Asad.

Okay, so the interface type is PPP. But do you have other PPP interfaces that you do want to manage?

Interfaces are those objects which are routed, and typically have an IP address (or are at least capable of having an IP address). Trunk ports are switch ports (i.e. L2 ports) which connect to other DFM-managed devices. Access ports are switch ports which do not connect to other DFM-managed devices.

No i don't have other PPP interface on this Router to manage. Just ethernet which i will want to manage.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: