cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Terminating a PRI on 2621XM or 2650XM?

tylerlucas
Level 1
Level 1

I have a couple 2600 routers. If possible, I would like to use the 2621XM, although Im not sure if it could handle it (64RAM/16Flash).

I have an AIM module that I could put in either. Do either of these support PRI termination? The 2650XM is fully loaded.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need an NM-HDV for that. The AIM is of no use.

I see. Does the AIM module not supply voice resources?

What is the cheapest way to achieve PRI termination? The nm module? An hang ups I should be aware of?

Thanks for got help, much appreciated.

As indicated above, NM-HDV or NM-HDV2.

AIM is of no use.

There is no other way.

Thank you again for your response. The reason I asked again is because I read this:

Digital Voice Telephony

The Multi-Flex Trunk can be used as a Telephony interface for packet voice services when combined with other hardware which can make it voice-capable. Such hardware includes the NM-HDV, NM-HDV2, NM-HD-2VE, AIM-VOICE-30, AIM-ATM-VOICE-30, and certain voice routers with on-board voice DSPs. When the Multi-Flex Trunk is used as a Telephony interface to terminate voice traffic, each DS0 can contain one voice call. The T1 signaling capability (T1 CAS, ISDN PRI) is determined by the accompanying voice network module (if any) and particular multiservice gateway, not the Multi-Flex Trunk itself.

AIM-VOICE-30 used older DSP technology than NM-HDV2.

Recommend you use the latter so at least you can reuse the pvdm2 when migrating to ISR (inevitable at a certain point).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: