Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual ACS Connectivity

sameermunj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i have 3 tire architecture lan.For AAA ACS would be used which will do the authentication/authorization and accounting.in my setup i have 2 ACS servers and my concern is the connectivity.do u i need to define the ip of both the servers in my router/switch or is there any way i can define virtual ip of for both servers so that even if single server fails other can take over.not found any document on this kindof connectivity.

4 Replies 4

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I think u need to define both the servers specifying one as primary and the other as secondry.

Thanks

Mahmood

hi

u mean both servers will have same configuration and they will work individually.In router/switch we can define multiple tacacs host but dont think there is a way define primary & secondary.or is it like 1st entry will be primary and 2nd will be secondary so if primary is not available by some reason authentication will be done by secondary..pl coffirm.

Hi

Yes the config will be same on both the ACS servers.

Yeh u get it right that the first server will treated as primary and second will be as backup.

Yeh if the primary server is down then the authentication will be done by secondry server.

Thanks

Mahmood

Hi

Thanks for the help.

anyone else would like to confirm about the clustering pl revert as i am going to configure the same and install in network.once its installed wont be able to change the config.

if no clustering available then would go ahed with the option suggested by mohhamad.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: