Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshooting Live Record

jaydien1358
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

What is the proper procedure for troubleshooting Live Record?

I currently have a setup (7.1.1-EA) in which live record works sporadically. Short recordings make it to my voicemail box with a very long delay, sometimes arriving in spurts (2 or 3 at a time) when doing multiple test recording.

I just recorded a 5 minute conversation with an external caller that never made it to my voicemail box at all so I guess something failed in the processing? I have increased my mailbox limit to 30 minutes and only have about 5 minutes total of messages in there right now.

Clearing the mailbox out completely doesn't help.

How do I go about troubleshooting this?

-Brian

3 Replies 3

Skyler Spence
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When recording these calls, do you hear the live record 'beep'?  This should be enabled by default.  How are you accessing live record, through the pilot number or the softkey?  Is there any difference in behavior between these two access methods?  Are you experiencing any delays or abnormal behavior when leaving normal voicemail messages in the user's inbox?

Skyler,

1. I have the beep turned off on the Live Record.
  2. I have a softkey setup to initiate the LiveRecord feature.
  3. I have not tested the results between the two ways of accessing Live Record, softkey or direct dial. I will test that and let you know
  4. I have not experienced any related or similar issues with standard VM functionality.

Yesterday when I tested this, I tried recording a 5 minute or so conversation. I never did recieve that VM message after I hung up but I know that it was conferencing in the LiveRecord extension becasue my phone showed conferencing on the active line.

This morning, I recorded 2 internal calls and one external call and they all came but there is definately a correlation between the length of the call and how long it takes for the recording to actually make it to my VM box.

-Brian

At this point Live Record is pretty stable on this UC box.

I am now running CCA 2.0.1 and have disabled and reenabled it through CCA to have the configuration commands reissued. Seems to be working OK.

-Brian