Helpful
Replies

Conversation recording in IP phones

tiger_401
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I am running 3845 cme 4.2 and cue 3.1.

I just want to know that if there is any facility in CME that i can enable conversation recording going between IP Phones...

Please tell me know how to enable it...i will be very grateful...

Thanks,

Malik.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no facility, you need an third party software product that may cost $200 per phone or so.

If you search with the box on the right you will get the names of various products.

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Later versions of CUE support a feature called Live Record.

Live record allows you to select an option to record a call spontaneously. The recorded call is sent as a voicemail message in the your mailbox or you can have it forwarded to your email client through the IMAP capability. You can generate tones to indicate that a conversation is being recorded.

More details at the link below.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel3_2/administrator/voicemail/12advVM.html#wp1025665

If you need always on recording you will need a third party recording product.

Please rate if helpful.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Malik,

Just to add a note to the excellent ideas from my friend Paolo (+5 points buddy!)

Telrex is one Cisco partner that provides a recording solution that works with CME;

http://www.telrex.com/cisco_call_recording.htm

There is also a feature called "Live record" available using CUE;

Overview

This feature enables Cisco Unity Express subscribers to record live conversations and store the recording as a message in their mailbox. They can then play it or forward it to another subscriber or group of subscribers. This feature can also be used between Cisco Unity Express subscribers and nonsubscribers. Do this by conferencing the nonsubscriber's call leg into a Cisco Unity Express recording session and then recording the conversation to the appropriate mailbox. To alert participants that the call is being recorded, Cisco Unity Express periodically beeps.

The recording stops automatically when the call leg to the Cisco Unity Express recording session is terminated or the subscriber's voice mailbox is full, whichever occurs first. Depending on the Cisco Unified Communications Manager or Cisco Unified CME settings, the call leg can terminate either when the conference initiator ends the call or when the last participant ends the call. After the conference is terminated, the voice conversation can continue without further recording. When the live-record session is stopped, the recording is put in the new message state and the MWI is triggered.

Each recording can be saved, deleted, or forwarded just like any other voice mail message and are addressed as being from the subscriber. The recording is applied against the subscriber's mailbox limit until it is deleted.

You can only enable the live-record feature globally for Cisco Unity Express; you cannot enable it on a per-user basis. To initiate a live-record session, users conference to an extension configured as call-forward-all on Cisco Unified Communications Manager or Cisco Unified CME and is setup to forward all incoming calls to the voice mail pilot number.

The maximum number of live-record sessions is controlled by the voicemail pilot number maxsessions trigger setting. The size of live-record messages is limited only by the amount of space remaining in the subscriber's voice mailbox. Live-record messages do not trigger the cascading message notification feature.

From this excellent doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel3_1/administration/guide/voicemail/12advVM.html#wp1025665

Hope this helps!

Rob

Edit: Sorry for the duplication James. +5 for your great info :)

Fivers galore!

Sadly not greenbacks.

thanks again...can you please tell me , what is the maximum lenght of conversation recording...

Regards,

Malik...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: