Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Phones, Same Ephone-DN

jaydien1358
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

Can I get some clarification on ephone-dn's?

I was under the impression that with software pack 7.1.1-EA, you could have multiple ephones with the same ephone-dn assigned to them. Not using shared lines but as their primary extension.

I can set 2 phones to have the same ephone-dn as a primary extension in CLI, but when I open CCA it reports that configuration as being in error.

Is this possible?

Here is my ephone configuration:

ephone  11
device-security-mode none
video
mac-address 000C.F15E.077E
ephone-template 16
username "brianlaptop" password 1209
speed-dial 1 1 label "Intercom An Extension"
speed-dial 2 300 label "Page All Phones"
paging-dn 1
mtp
type CIPC
button  1:13 2:30
!
!
!
ephone  12
conference admin
device-security-mode none
video
mac-address 0023.331B.DA23
ephone-template 16
username "bfleishman" password 1101
speed-dial 1 1 label "Intercom An Extension"
speed-dial 2 300 label "Page All Phones"
type 7965
button  1:13 2:30

Also, is the username and password only used for phone registration purposes? Cause I notice I can't have duplicate usernames. Yet I imagine that voicemail will still work in terms of both of those ephones being able to access mailbox 101 (The extension for ephone-dn 13 in the above code) because you are always prompted to enter the mailbox password?

Thank you for your assistance.

-Brian

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

This is indeed supported in CCA 2.0. The underlying ephone config does a direct (normal or ":") assignment of the DN to the button, on both devices (like you have in your configuration blob), but the DN needs to be a "DUAL" DN. Octo is not supported by CCA for shared lines, yet. Use CCA to configure shared lines by selecting the option "Share" in the users configuration tab.

share.png

Marcos

View solution in original post

That is also something that we resolved in 2.0. The button option is called "Overlay Call Waiting"

Thanks,

Marcos

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

John Platts
Level 4
Level 4

I know that the multiple phones, same ephone-dn setup is incompatible with CCA versions prior to 2.0. However, this limitation has been removed in CCA 2.0 and later.

You need to upgrade to CCA 2.0 in order to get the multiple phones, same ephone-dn configuration working.

I am on 2.0

-Brian

This is indeed supported in CCA 2.0. The underlying ephone config does a direct (normal or ":") assignment of the DN to the button, on both devices (like you have in your configuration blob), but the DN needs to be a "DUAL" DN. Octo is not supported by CCA for shared lines, yet. Use CCA to configure shared lines by selecting the option "Share" in the users configuration tab.

share.png

Marcos

ok Thanks. I'll make that change.

I forgot that I was fooling around with Octo Lines and made that ephone an Octo Line.

Is there still a limitation with dual-line dn's where you can't get a call waiting beep when you've implemented an overlay dn?

Thanks,

-Brian

That is also something that we resolved in 2.0. The button option is called "Overlay Call Waiting"

Thanks,

Marcos

Marcos,

What is the CLI equivalent of setting up a line as "Shared" from CCA.

I do not find any difference in the "ephone" or "ephone-dn" configuration for lines which are set as "Normal" or "Shared"

Thanks,

Salik

I don't think anything different has to be done with the actual dn.

On the ephone, setup a button such as 1c10,20 to have two DN's on a single button

or

Button 1:10, 2:20 to have a button for a each respective DN.

-Brian

www.jaydien.com

How does CCA find if Type is set to Shared or Normal from configuration?

CCA inspects the button operator (":" for normal, "o" for overlay or shared).

Thanks,

Marcos

jaydien1358
Level 3
Level 3

Sweet!

-Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: