Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity query

amansoi_5
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are facing problem when PSTN calls are made to IP phone DID user.Call directly goes to Unity greeting.

When any IP phone user calls up same number internally,it is ringing & working fine.

Earlier the same DID number was assigned to a user who has left the organisation now. The new user does want Voice mail facility but same DID number needs to be retained.

The voice mail facility has been deleted from Unity version 4.1 and DID no. has been deleted & created no. of times in CCM version 4.2 but problem is still there.

can somebody guide on the same?

regds,

aman

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Aman,

Please try to use this method to completely remove the DN in question before trying to re-build again.

**Remove DN xxxx from all phones first;

Deleting Unassigned Directory Numbers

This section describes how to delete an unassigned directory number from the route plan report. Directory numbers get configured and removed in the Directory Number Configuration window of Cisco CallManager Administration. When a directory number gets removed from a device or a phone gets deleted, the directory number still exists in the Cisco CallManager database. To delete the directory number from the database, use the Route Plan Report window.

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Choose Route Plan > Route Plan Report.

The Route Plan Report window displays. Use the three drop-down list boxes to specify a route plan report that lists all unassigned DNs.

Step 2 Three ways exist to delete directory numbers:

a. Click the directory number that you want to delete. When the Directory Number Configuration window displays, click Delete.

b. Check the check box next to the directory number that you want to delete. Click Delete Selected.

c. To delete all found unassigned directory numbers, click Delete all Found Items.

A warning message verifies that you want to delete the directory number.

Step 3 To delete the directory number, click OK. To cancel the delete request, click Cancel.

Once you have completed this process add the DN xxxx back to the phone again (check Call Forward All CSS) and try again.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

I would try the same in morning & let u know.

thanks,

aman

Hi Rob,

I tried to find unassigned numbers but I did not get .

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

I may not have explained this too well :)

First thing to remember here is that the config changes I am referring to are all on CCM not on Unity.

Let's say the DN in question is 5555

**Remove DN 5555 from all phones first;

Then do this from the Route Plan Report on CCM

Deleting Unassigned Directory Numbers

This section describes how to delete an unassigned directory number from the route plan report. Directory numbers get configured and removed in the Directory Number Configuration window of Cisco CallManager Administration. When a directory number gets removed from a device or a phone gets deleted, the directory number still exists in the Cisco CallManager database. To delete the directory number from the database, use the Route Plan Report window.

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Choose Route Plan > Route Plan Report.

The Route Plan Report window displays. Use the three drop-down list boxes to specify a route plan report that lists all unassigned DNs.

Step 2 Three ways exist to delete directory numbers:

a. Click the directory number that you want to delete **5555. When the Directory Number Configuration window displays, click Delete.

b. Check the check box next to the directory number that you want to delete. Click Delete Selected.

c. To delete all found unassigned directory numbers, click Delete all Found Items.

A warning message verifies that you want to delete the directory number.

Step 3 To delete the directory number, click OK. To cancel the delete request, click Cancel.

Once you have completed this process add the DN 5555 back to the phone again (check Call Forward All CSS and all other CSS's to make sure they don't reference the Voicemail Pilot #) and try again.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

I was able to get unassigned numbers .I deleted/configured them but still the status is same.

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: