cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence CTS-1000 optional presentation display cable type

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

I am installing the CTS-1000 with the optional 22'' external LCD display. The cabling guides have the picture showing that the there is an HDMI connection on the codec showing the Auxiliary Video Out, but with the NEC Display there is not a HDMI connection just a DVI.

My question is, that I am thinking that I need to purchase a DVI-Male to a HDMI-Male, is this accurate thinking? I just want to make sure I make the correct purchase.

4 Replies 4

parshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You should be able to get things to work with the HDMI to DVI cable. Both the formats are very similar with one small difference. i.e. HDMI can carry audio as well as video, DVI doesn't.

So you should be able to hook your projector with the CTS using the HDMI to DVI cable. As for the male/female, it depends on what connects you have on the projector. Most likely the projector has a DVI female so the cable you will need is HDMI to DVI male.

Thanks,

Thanks for the reply, but I am referring to the LCD Monitor, not the external doc cam. The doc cam that we are installing has a HDMI connection already on it so that connection does not concern me. ITs the connection between the LCD monitor and the codec that i am trying to verify

Sorry, I got confused. I though you wanted to hook the CTS to a projector. But either way, you should be able to connect the CTS to an LCD monitor with DVI connector using a HDMI to DVI cable.

Thanks,

hshen
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, you will need to get a DVI to hdmi cable.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: