Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rv042 -Multiple Ip-adresses and remote desktop

I have set upp two Rv042 routers, internet and a router-router vpn connection works perfectly.

I have multiple IP-adresses from my ISP at both ends. How do I move the VPN connection to an other ip at both locations, currently I am using the same as for the internet.

Also I have troubles getting the router to allow me to access our windows server from home. I'm using the remote access service in w2k3 server which worked with the old router. I use PPTP protocol. Which ports should be set up for this service? I have tried a bunch but have had no success. I would like this incoming connection to use an other of my ip-adresses. Which settings are needed in the router? Have addded port trigger and forward for the ports and made a passtrough trough the firewall to the server Ip-adress.

5 Replies 5

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Implementing Dual WAN guides exist here as well as how to set up VPN Tunnels on this router, which you should use.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9925/index.html

The VPN Tunnel screens should allow you to then select the WAN interface you want to use for the tunnel.

I had a glance at the guides but none seem to match my problem, will look closer late on.

My internet modem only features one ethernet connection therefor I can only use one of the wan ports.I have 5-6 Ip adresses. Is it normal for all to be redirected to the one uses by the gateway?

I would like not to use the VPN servic provided by the router to spare its memory and cpu as I have a server for this. I can take a second look at the cisco vpn client, if i use it do i need to make open ports in the firewall in the router or is it selfmanaged?

If you have multiple public IP addresses, you can set up the 2nd WAN port as a DMZ Port (e.g. using DMZ Range if the IP addresses are in the same subnet of the ISP).

When i change to dmz i get som intresting alterantives. But do i connectet another "switched" cable from the modem or do i use it as the output of the dmz settings?

For DMZ, you would want to connect the WAN2/DMZ Port to a switch, which connects to all the PCs that will be assigned the public IP addresses given by your ISP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: