cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Linksys SPA2102 will work with Cisco Call Manager version 7

m.kirby
Level 1
Level 1

Will a Linksys SPA2102 ATA work with Cisco Call Manager version 7?

5 Replies 5

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi m.kirby,

We have not officially tested this, nor do we claim compatibility, but I have heard that some have configured with success.

The SPA2102 should provide standard SIP features such as making, answering, forwarding, conferencing and transferring calls and should also provide fax support.

The number of DLUs depends on how  many FXS ports [lines] you activate on the SPA2102.
1 FXS port  requires 3 DLUs while 2 FXS ports requires 6 DLUs.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

How is this configured in UCM?

Is it a 3rd party SIP phone, or do you build a SIP trunk to it?

In principle you could use either approach.  I am not an expert in CUCM, but I think that configuring it as a SIP trunk may reduce or eliminate the DLUs required, but will most likely reduce the manageability and possibly the features that you get by configuring it as a phone.  We do not have a recommendation on how to do this, because, as Patrick said earlier, it is not a scenario we support.  The recommended approach is to use a VG202 which is designed for use with CUCM and is fully supported in that environment.

Cheers,

Dave.

Dear Sir;

SPA2102 will work with CUCM as a third party end point. You need DLUs for it. The number depends on how many lines you want to register (Basic - 1 line, Advanced- 2 lines) and whether you require authentication on subscription (basic - No auth, advanced - auth).

I would like to warn you this is a non-supported configuration, so there is no documentation and no TAC support.

Regards
Alberto

bnstxjohn
Level 1
Level 1

I have tried to get the SPA2102 to register to CUCM 6.1.2 with no luck.  However, there was another way to get them to talk.

Setup a Cisco router with SP Services IOS as a SIP Gateway.  Build a "voice" dial-peer for incoming calls, build another for outgoing calls to the SPA2102, and another to the CUCM.

Configure the SPA2102 to NOT register with SIP Proxy and to point to the Cisco router instead.

This costs NO DLU's.

Depending on how your dial-peer's are configured you can have both lines appear as the same number.or different numbers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: