cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Manually configuring IP Address and TFTP server on Cisco IP Phone

ryabutler
Level 1
Level 1

I have a weird situation. We have an IP Phone at a remote site that has not DHCP server on site and the firewall used at the remote site doesn't support any DHCP capabilities.

Is there a way I can manually configure the IP info (IP Address, Mask, Gateway) and TFTP server IP on Cisco IP Phone than using DHCP and option 150?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

parshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can manually configure the IP address, mask, gateway and TFTP on the phones.

Power the phone up, go to settings > network config

Than unlock the config using by pressing the following keys

**#

Than scroll down till you see 'DHCP Enabled' set it to No. Look for 'Alternate TFTP' and set that to Yes.

Once you do that, you will be able to configure an IP, Mask, Gateway and TFTP on the phone manually.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

parshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can manually configure the IP address, mask, gateway and TFTP on the phones.

Power the phone up, go to settings > network config

Than unlock the config using by pressing the following keys

**#

Than scroll down till you see 'DHCP Enabled' set it to No. Look for 'Alternate TFTP' and set that to Yes.

Once you do that, you will be able to configure an IP, Mask, Gateway and TFTP on the phone manually.

Thanks,

That's exactly what I needed. Funny, wow I couldn't this info easily on the Cisco website. Thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: