Views
Helpful
Replies

Load Balancer

ray_stone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have ASA 5505 installed for our office and one Internet 2MBPS lease line for Internel and have 16 public IP's. One of the Public IP is assigned to ASA outside Interface and other are using by NAT. We have 10 branches connected via STS VPN Tunnel. Now we are going to have the second lease link for backup purpose and want to use both lines simultaneously. Is it possible by ASA 5505 or do i need to buy an extra device for that. Pls advice.

5 Replies 5

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Does you 2mb leased line go directly into your ASA or does it go into a router first?

Its directly connected to ASA first.

If I use a router then is it possible, if it is then what would be the way and how can i use ASA FW for filtering the traffic as its already filtering by ASA.

I don't think it is possible with the ASA. You can do it with a router though.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080950834.shtml

Your ASA will still continue to filter traffic. You will just be insertinga router between the internet and the outside interface.

plumbis
Level 7
Level 7

This is not possible on an ASA. It only support multiple next-hop addresses out the same physical interface (e.g., two internet routers connected to the same switch as the ASA). You can only use the second internet link on the ASA as a backup.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: