cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC L3 OOB switch ports not switching fronm auth to access

rculling
Level 1
Level 1

We have a L3 OOB, workstations are using the CA Agent, both XP and Vista machines. After login the CA Agent keeps looping, refreshing ip successful, the switchport never changes from the untrusted Authentication VLAN to the Access VLAN, the workstations shows in Online Users OOB screen in the Access VLAN, they also never show up in the certified device list. Anyone ever have this issue.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

5 Replies 5

michael_dean
Level 1
Level 1

Do you get any other dialog boxes or error messages on the client?

No other error messages, just looping throught refreshing IP, I did get a call back from TAC, the issues was that after working with a number of TAC Eng during the installation, one TAC eng had me remove the managed subnets and create static routes. This was incorrect, the rule is that, if the clients are L2 adjacent to the CAS when starting out in the authentication vlan your need to use managed subnet not static routes. So the clients would never get into the certified device list and the CAM would not send an SNMP to the switch to change to the access VLAN. Once this was changed it is working correctly now.

thanks you for your response.

Rich

I am having the same issue. Did you ever find a solution?

jad.sadek
Level 1
Level 1

Provide some details:

- what type of authentication are you using?

- Did you check the list of supported switches and their IOS to make sure your switch is compliant?

Hello,

Forgive me a stupid question, but are there any Vmware running on the computers in questions? It happens when NAC detacts several MAC addresses.

Dorota

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: