Replies

Devices unreacheable

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Hi calrke,

LMS 3.1

The steps i took to discover devices

CiscoWorks Assistant > Workflows > Server Setup > Set Default Credentials. and completed step by step to complete.

2) configured in common services all the steps as per user guide.but still i did'nt found the devices reacheable.

I have added device manually,and they r showing me as in the attachment.

If devices added manually then any device added in future in network has to be added manually??? OR it will be automatically discovered.

Devices are unreacheable when i run discovery,though they are pingable through LMS.

DFM and RME are not pulling the devices from Common services.DCR shows 20 devices but RME and DFM devices 0.

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ping is only a first step in establishing reachability for CiscoWorks' purposes. More importantly, are they reachable with SNMP (and are the credentials correct)? Try an snmpwalk on one of the unreachable devices and see if it works.

Additionally, as posted in an earlier post by jclarke (http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40^1%40%40.2cd357e1/0#selected_message), you could try a packet capture on the acquisition attempt to troubleshoot in more detail.

Hi Clarke,

My devices are reacheable am able to ping from the LMS server but by RUN discovery process after completing some of the devices are seen as unreacheable.

then i use an alternate solution to add statically,they are seen as they are in attachment.

On the functional TAB devices shown in DCR are 6 Nos but RME and DFM they did'nt pulled the Devices from DCR.

The above link does't open anything.

Clarke waitng for ur call.

Hi,

The credetials in Devices for SNMP are accurate,how can i do a snmpwalk on devices through LMS or through 3 party tool,can u guide me to any link.

can u awnser the below question

On the functional TAB,devices shown in DCR are 6 Nos but RME and DFM they did'nt pulled the Devices from DCR?????why

Hi,

itaomandc u r also in the same boat,thanks for contributing to highlight the problem,

Is it ur new installation???

Hey Clarke

Waiting for ur call,

Any alternate solution,

I have added some of the devices in LMS they are seen as ? in the attachment

Awaiting for ur reply.

Thanks,