Views
Helpful
Replies

Convert Progress to Disconnect ISDN Q931 Message

c.hennrich
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

currently I have a problem with my QSIG ECMA CUCM <-> siemens connection.

PSTN E1 PRI<->H323<->CUCM<->MGCP QSIG ECMA E1 PRI<->SIEMENS

the siemens is not delievering a disconnect code, instead it delivers a progress message with the following q931 debug:

Jun 16 15:38:46.460: ISDN Se0/1/1:15 Q931: RX <- PROGRESS pd = 8 callref = 0xBC34

Cause i = 0x8091 - User busy

disc-pi-off is for sure not the problem, because I tried all possible configurations. The CUCM service parameter does now state the following:

Convert Progress to Disconnect for User Side PRI EURO: This parameter determines whether to convert a Progress request that contains a Call Clearing cause value to a Disconnect message. Valid values specify True (convert the Progress request to a Disconnect message) or False (do not convert the Progress request). This parameter is only applicable to the USER side of a PRI EURO interface during the call establishment phase.

But this seems not to work, is this because I have a QISG. Does this paramter need a CUCM restart? I have alredy done a mgcp reset (no mgcp/mgcp). Has anyone a clue, what else could help? The problem is, that the caller hers ringback all the time. Would it be possible to play busy back instead of ringback in that case?

Currently I'm also not sure if the Siemens could be reconfigured so that it sends a disconnect.

any idea is very much appreciated

Cheers

20 Replies 20

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, whatever setting you do at gateway level does not matter, because you are using mgcp.

I think if you were to use h.323, gw would open audio path and caller would get busy tone.

PBX is right in not sending a disconnect.

thanks for your reply.

I cannot use H323, because only mgcp supports the full QSIG feature set.

I have also studied the ITU Q931 documents, the progress is ok, but with Cisco it does not work in they way we need it. So therefore I would like to transform the progress to disconnect from cucm side. Therefore I activated the mentioned CUCM service paramter, but with no luck.

The progress message is also not forwarded correctly. probably the command: voice rtp send-recv could help, to play busy.

cheers

I wouldn't be sure that only mgcp supports full qsig, check documentation for the specific feature you're interested in.

Again, no gw level command will help, because with mgcp the router becomes stupid. Problem is, sometime cucm is stupidest, so better stick with h.323.

This service parameter was added specifically for this purpose. This isn't something I can recreate in the lab, so I would play with it more.

For reference, this was created via this bug: CSCsb92313

Possibly set the MGCP gateway switch type for PRI EURO but the isdn switch type on the PRI itself to QSIG.

-nick

Thanks for your answer. This might help. In the Bug description is this note, do you know what to do additionally?

Additional Info:

As part of the fix, a new service parameter was added called "convert Progress to disconnect";on enabling which the conversion takes place from Progress to Disconnect. But the defect was reopened as the service parameter was not functioning and so there was an additional fix put in Feb'2009 which is required for the service parameter to work.

Regards

Hi!! I have the same problem, but where I can find this pix that was put in Feb'2009? I need this fix for the service parameter to work..

Thanks!!!

Fran

Hi,

This is referring to an internal fix where this service parameter wasn't acting correctly. If it is not working correctly for you I would check your CUCM version against the fixed-in field of the bug, to make sure you have a version that has the true fix.

hth,

nick

does the activation of the feature need a cucm service restart? I have not doen a restart, so that might be the problem, but currently I cannot simply restart.

If the description doesn't say a restart is needed, you shouldn't need to restart. I would still reset the MGCP gateway for good measure, however.

-nick

I restart the server with the new configuration but it doesn't work fine. I have the same problem.

Fran

I have a TAC open, I will let you know about the answer from Cisco.

Hi Hennrich,

Do you have any answer from Cisco about it?

Thanks!

Cisco TAC told me that the update/upgrades to the following versions help:

TAC:

spoke with cust,

- told him that they are indeed hitting this bug and they need to upgrade the CUCM to any of the following version:

7.0(1.21022.1)

7.0(2.11004.1)

7.1(1.39000.60)

7.1(2.10000.16)

I upgrade to this version but I have the same problem yet.

Do you have any ideas?

Fran.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: