Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM Reports

Mhon Baul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I noticed that when I'm generating reports in DFM event filtering, the reports shows me IP Addresess and not the Host NAME of the devices. Is there something i missed in configuration? Any suggestion will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Reymon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DFM does not respect the DCE Display Name, so you have to be very careful with how name resolution is configured so that the IP addresses configured in DCR properly resolve to hostnames. In particular, there should be a direct mapping of IP to hostname and hostname to IP. When in doubt, try adding an entry for the host/IP to your server's local hosts file, then remove the device from DFM, and re-add it. It should then be managed by hostname.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DFM does not respect the DCE Display Name, so you have to be very careful with how name resolution is configured so that the IP addresses configured in DCR properly resolve to hostnames. In particular, there should be a direct mapping of IP to hostname and hostname to IP. When in doubt, try adding an entry for the host/IP to your server's local hosts file, then remove the device from DFM, and re-add it. It should then be managed by hostname.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your fast response. I've already manually input the name of the device in the DCR(device management) and delete/import the device in DFM but still the same output. I will try to map the Host/IP in local host server. Will update you what will be the result.

Many Thanks,

reymon

Hi Joe,

This solved my problem by mapping the IP to hostname on the host file of the windows server.

Thanks!

reymon