Hunt group no answer to users voicemail?

Answered Question
Jun 17th, 2009

We are a small company and don't require fancy auto-attendant options at this point. I had planned to start with a simple "Hunt Group" which has 2 members.

In the hunt group options for "no answer forward to" voicemail is an option. However this is the GDM voicemail, I would prefer if this could be forwarded to one of the users voicemail. Can this be done and how?

Unless there is an easier way for users to check the GDM? like IMAP like I've asked about here. Currently it take way to many steps through the voicemail system.

Correct Answer by Marcos Hernandez about 7 years 8 months ago

Trevor,

CCA 2.0 introduced support for a "Direct Transfer to Voicemail" prefix (default of 6), configured under "Configure >> Telephony >> Voicemail". This allows you to create a "dialable" pattern for direct access to someone's mailbox. "6201" would be the pattern you would use to reach 201's vmail.

Hope this helps,

Marcos

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Marcos Hernandez Wed, 06/17/2009 - 08:10

Trevor,

CCA 2.0 introduced support for a "Direct Transfer to Voicemail" prefix (default of 6), configured under "Configure >> Telephony >> Voicemail". This allows you to create a "dialable" pattern for direct access to someone's mailbox. "6201" would be the pattern you would use to reach 201's vmail.

Hope this helps,

Marcos

Brikers12 Wed, 06/17/2009 - 21:33

awesome, thanks! thats just what I was looking for, it works great.

JOHN NIKOLATOS Wed, 06/17/2009 - 21:39

Trevor - another way to do this is to create a ephone-dn that is shared between the phones... using an OCTO line...  Then have the voice-port PLAR the connection to that ephone-dn.  Have the Call Forward No Answer and Call Forward Busy go to a users voice mail box.

With this you can have each phone ring first and then go to voicemail...

Actions

This Discussion