Views
Helpful
Replies

unexpected traffic

bappysust
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am facing huge problem with slow network performance. I have attached a report from netflow analyzer fo one of my LAN router. The report shows some unexpected traffic from my Domain Controllers 10.20.7.3 and 10.20.7.4. Other traffice are expectable. Note that 10.20.0.225 is my file server. Anyone please address my problem.

Regards

Nazmul

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

The first piece of information that needs to be gathered when troubleshooting slow cable modem performance is the prescribed class of service throughput limitations of the cable modem. When a cable modem comes online, it downloads a DOCSIS configuration file that contains operational limits for the cable modem, including the maximum upload and download rates. Under normal circumstances, the cable modem is not allowed to exceed these rates.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk86/tk89/technologies_tech_note09186a00800b123c.shtml#potential

From the logs it looks like there is a lot of data flowing on port 445 which is the CIFS port. Probably users are doing file shares over VPN.

Please rate useful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: