file transfer & QOS application

Unanswered Question
Jun 17th, 2009

Before we start, this post is sort of being reposted with more details as i had mixed this up with another post of mine.

We carry out file transfers using ftp over wan mpls link with 2Mbps.Filesize is around 400MB for each transfer with around 4 8 transfers being done.Lately it is been seen that the transfers get stopped with completing.This is done during off business hours & network link or availability seems fine during the period. When usage is checked for this link it shows the view as attached in the file.It shows peaks circled on extreme left & extreme right.

This was one of the time when usage was high ( left) & file transfer got completed. One on the right side is a smaller peak and during that file transfer couldnt complete.

1. For approximately the same duration(4hrs) on different days, the usage stays stable & moves smoothly without any lows or highs.What could be the possible reason for the flat top seen during both periods?

2. The rightmost trend seems to be constant at around 900Kbps, which puzzles me though there is still more bandwidth left to be used. How can that be gauged.

3)Related to this , i found qos being applied on this device with shaping but on the inside interface. My understanding says shaping is applied outbound towards external interface. Attached is the qos config.Should it be this way & whether this config has anything to do withthis problem.

4)Why is shaping being limited to 1888 as in config if 2048 is the bandwidth.What purpose does this serve?

Please advice.Thanks.

Thanks.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion