LMS 2.6 - from where to download?

Answered Question
Jun 17th, 2009

Hi,

I would like to download LMS 2.6 installation files for windows, but I just can find on CISCO support site the file lms26_update_win_K9.zip, which, according to lms26_update_win_readme.pdf, need LMS 2.5.1 installed. When I look for LMS 2.5.1 on cisco support site, only can find lms25_dec2005_update_win.zip, which need LMS 2.5 installed.

So, my qyestion is: is there a file for installing LMS 2.6 which is not a update, which don't require LMS 2.5 installed? If so, where can I find this file? Isn't it available on Cisco Support site? Or do I need to install LMS 2.5, then LMS 2.5.1 and then LMS 2.6?

Thank you.

Regards,

Flaviano.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Jeroen Tebbens about 7 years 5 months ago

Only the updates are available for download. You should have the 2.5 or 2.6 on CDROM yourself.

Else you have to open an special request with support and ask for a new media bundle based on proof of history/order of your missing/lost media package.

Good luck,

Jeroen

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Jeroen Tebbens Wed, 06/17/2009 - 05:26

Only the updates are available for download. You should have the 2.5 or 2.6 on CDROM yourself.

Else you have to open an special request with support and ask for a new media bundle based on proof of history/order of your missing/lost media package.

Good luck,

Jeroen

Marvin Rhoads Wed, 06/17/2009 - 06:14

You can download the current LMS (Version 3.2) as evaluation software and then apply a valid license file to convert it to licensed status.

You can get to that via http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/marketplace/welcome.pl and clicking on the "Trial and Not-For-Resale" link.

If your 2.5 / 2.6 license is covered under a SASU contract you are eligible for a major release upgrade. If so, follow the instructions at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.2/install/guide1/prep.html#wp1353792 for downloading the software and ordering a digital PAK ID.

Generally, the current release (3.2) will have a good deal more functionality and better development support than the 2.6 version.

Actions

This Discussion