Views
Helpful
Replies

WRP400-G2 and compatible 3G USB-modems

runar
Level 1
Level 1

Regarding this list :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/gatecont/ps10024/sales_tool_c96-522031.html

of compatible USB modems.

I checked with my supplier in Norway, and he said that all these modems are EOL.

Will this list be updated with new models? And when :) ?

13 Replies 13

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi runar,

Thanks for letting us know about this. I'll share with the marketing folk in case they didn't know.

I'll get back with their response.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Thank you :)

Runar

Hi Runar,

I've been advised that these devices are still available from service providers in other regions.

We will be releasing a new revision of WRP400 firmware in the near future, no date available, that will support more 3G USB modems. [modem list is not available to me at this time]

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Good morning Patrick

Thanks again.

Then I just have to wait for a new firmware.

:)

Best regards

Runar

Hi Patrick,

Just wondering if there has been an update as to when the new firmware is coming out for additional 3G USB Modem Support?

Thanks,

David

dsafonov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, guys!!

Two days ago I refreshed firmware on my own WRP400:

There are no updates available in compatible USB-modems HTML-page.

Also the same situation in the firmware releases.

We all are waiting for any news about that updates - when it will be available?

Cheers,

Denys

Community update:

I requested a timeframe for additional 3G USB-modem support and unfortunately cannot share specific information.

Cisco is not allowed to broadcast specifics about future functionality, especially dates, unless under a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) and a disclaimer that additional modem support may never materialize. Read about Sarbanes-Oxley on Wikipedia.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Hello all, I have the WRP400 working on the 3 Ireland 3G network. The network restrictions mean that call quality can be poor but it is usable. One problem I have is that at times the network will loose connection. The router will not try to resync but sit there until a user reboot is implemented. The previous 3G router that I replaced with the WRP400 did an auto resync and hence avoided the need to do hardware resets/reboots. The status page shows the connection as been made but net access and the ATA function no longer work. The unit must detect the drop as the phone line LED switches off. Is there a setting I can make to get the unit to resync when the phone line drops or is this something that we will see in a future software upgrade ? Thanks Frank

Hi kearney309,

I escalated to Engineering. Here's their response; "

Sounds to me that the status page shows 3G is "Connected", however; net access and ATA function is not working. Can you gather additional info?

1. Exact firmware version? WRP400_2.00.05_010_022009?

2. Router backup config.

3. Which 3G modem, screen capture of the 3G connection status page that shows the modem status.

Did they try using the "Manual connection mode"?

Under the mobile network page, the default connection mode is set to "Keep Alive", meaning "If you select this option, the WRP400 will periodically check your Internet connection. If you are disconnected, then the WRP400 will automatically re-establish your connection." Perhaps they can try using "Connect on Demand:" However; not sure if the voice registration will fail due to inactivity."

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Thank you Patrick. I'm away from home for the next 2 weeks so unfortunately can not provide you with the details requested. However I did find a configuration that seems to work for me. When configuring the router in what I believe was the 'recovery' section I did set priority to USB. Changing back to WAN priority and enabling auto re-sync would seem to be getting the unit to detect dropped connection and re-acquire.

Even when ATA/web connection is dropped the status page shows perfect signal strength and thinks all is well. Connection I would think is good but somewhere  along the 3G network, routing would seem to be lost. This is not a WRP400 issue I have noted the same problem with direct connection to the PC as have friends of mine using different 3G BB providers.  Frank

Thanks Frank,

I've shared your message with Eng.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

edwardcallan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have checked with all the main providers in ireland (Three, O2, Meteor and Vodafone) and none of them offer ANY of the modems (and several of them will not support a modem they do not supply) on the list and one provider dropped support for one of the modems over a year ago, currently in Ireland there is no modem available from any of the mobile providers that is compatible with the WRP400 therefore this modem list (through the firmware) needs to be updated as soon as possible.

E

Its been a year now since we were advised that a new firmware release would be out in the near future - any update - even if it's a no

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: