Views
Helpful
Replies

Ordering PRI from Telco

dhccoid.com
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

My customer is in the US and I am in the UK. My customer has asked me to help fill out the order form for the PRI, but coming from the UK I am unsure as to some of the questions being asked. The form is asking what "ISDN Protocol" is required, the options are "National 1", "National 2" & "Custom".

Another question was "DID Configuration" - TrunkPackage: Yes/No.

Can anyone please confirm what these options are and advise on what I should recommend.

Thanks

8 Replies 8

safety2008
Level 4
Level 4

ni2/national 2 is pretty standard. depends on CO/sentral office you will terminate in.I installed one last week that had to be 5ess although 4ess works in call manager. i would think they are asking you if these are going to be used in A DID scenerio and would need to know how many digits to send..

Thanks for this Stanley.

I have noticed that the customer has ISDN Switch-type set to Primary-5ess and Primary-ni at some other locations, what would have been ordered from the Telco in order to have to have configured this?

Thanks

Sorry for delay, was out yest. Here in Boston where i am, my experience has found if its a long distance service alot of the CO'S are not ni2 compatable and require 5/4ess, with our local service with did's, we are ni2, i would config as ni2 and if theres problems with d-chan coming up, you can try the 5ess config.

In reality, the difference between switch types is minor and obscure, whatever you get and whatever you configure, will work anyway.

Just did one last week and d-channel would not come up until configuration was changed........so maybe for you..unless d-channel comes up...hows it work???????????

ad if it "doesnt matter" why would you have options?

Really d-chan should come up no matter what.

L2 is identical and L3 differences are just in corner cases that I dare anybody to document unequivocally from public sources.

well configured as ni2, d-channel would not come up until configured as 4-ess...document vs reality i guess.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: