Helpful
Replies

Infinite loop

jorgediaz77
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

I have a question about a blast group.

currently we have a blast group at extension 100 that rings two phones connected to the blast group. If no one picks up after 30 seconds the call goes into the AA.

What my client wants is for the blast group to ring extension 100 forever until someone picks up or the caller hangs up.

The issue I see is if I set the blast group 'no answer' setting to 'none' then the individual VM for one of the two extension in the blast group will pick up.

The only alternative I can see is to kill the VM boxes on the two phones in the blast group, but this wouldn't be an ideal situation as the individual users need their own VM.

Does anyone have a recommendation or is this just not possible?

Thanks,

Jorge

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Skyler Spence
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You could try having the blast group call forward no answer to a dummy ephone-dn that is set to call forward always back to the blast group.

View solution in original post

Yes you would, and that is just ugly. The dummy ephone-dn should do the trick then.

Marcos

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Why don't you increase the voice hunt-group timeout to the maximum (60000 seconds)? In practical terms, this is "forever".

Thanks,

Marcos

Skyler Spence
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You could try having the blast group call forward no answer to a dummy ephone-dn that is set to call forward always back to the blast group.

Skyler, that is actually a very clever idea!

Marcos,

I ran into this issue at another client when I tried something like this. Basically the local phones in the blast group have noan set up for 30 seconds which was causing the blast group to drop the call. Wouldn't I have to set the timeout for the noan on the extensions within the blast group to that same huge number?

Yes you would, and that is just ugly. The dummy ephone-dn should do the trick then.

Marcos

Hahaha, indeed :)

I went with the dummy DN and it works like a charm. Thanks guys!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: