Unable to establish VPN Anyconnect and Mac OS X

Answered Question
Jun 17th, 2009

I have setup Anyconnect and it currently works from any windows pc. When I try to establish the connection with the anyconnect client already installed on a Mac with Leopard it fails giving a message: "Unable to establish VPN", I believe it is failing on all Max OS X hardware I have around right now.

Correct Answer by auraza about 7 years 8 months ago

Can you post the configuration of the ASA? Make sure that you are not using a different port for webvpn or something. Also, what do you see when you run debug webvpn svc 255. You can attach the configuration and the debug as a text file.

Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
auraza Wed, 06/17/2009 - 09:46

Do you have the mac package installed on the ASA?

kyle.southerland Wed, 06/17/2009 - 10:12

Yes under

Network(Client) Access > Advanced > SSL VPN> Client Settings > SSL VPN Client Images

I have these two packages:

anyconnect-win-2.3.0254-k9.pkg

anyconnect-macosx-i386-2.3.0254-k9.pkg

Correct Answer
auraza Wed, 06/17/2009 - 10:20

Can you post the configuration of the ASA? Make sure that you are not using a different port for webvpn or something. Also, what do you see when you run debug webvpn svc 255. You can attach the configuration and the debug as a text file.

auraza Wed, 06/17/2009 - 10:45

It seems you're using a different port. What if you go to the page instead, and try to start the anyconnect from within the portal. Does that work?

kyle.southerland Wed, 06/17/2009 - 11:05

we are using a different port. When I go to the page from the mac it asks us to follow the link to install the client. The link does not provide a package that we are able to install to the Mac. I downloaded a .dmg package of the same version and installed it, but going through the webvpn it still believes any connect is not installed.

auraza Wed, 06/17/2009 - 11:44

Thats really odd. Is your Mac an Intel mac? Or a PPC? When you go to the portal, on :65000, it should ask you to install. You might want to open a case with TAC to see what is going on.

kyle.southerland Thu, 06/18/2009 - 05:50

changing the port back to default fixed the issue, I was told by a sales engineer version 2.3.0277 fixes this issue. I can not find it for download at the moment, but will be upgrading immediately

kyle.southerland Fri, 06/19/2009 - 11:02

Mac clients are still not downloading the package. If I send them the package and they install it they are able to connect but, it will not download and install it from the web-login.

salimsiddique Sun, 09/27/2009 - 06:12

Was the problem resolved. Please share with us how you were able to resolve the problem. was it by just changing the port?

I have a MAC AIR running MAC OS X 10.5.6. Please let me know if I can install "anyconnect-macosx-i386-2.3.0254-k9.pkg" on my ASA and whether the client will install this on the mac air from the web?

Thanks

Actions

This Discussion