Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to establish VPN Anyconnect and Mac OS X

I have setup Anyconnect and it currently works from any windows pc. When I try to establish the connection with the anyconnect client already installed on a Mac with Leopard it fails giving a message: "Unable to establish VPN", I believe it is failing on all Max OS X hardware I have around right now.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Can you post the configuration of the ASA? Make sure that you are not using a different port for webvpn or something. Also, what do you see when you run debug webvpn svc 255. You can attach the configuration and the debug as a text file.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

auraza
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have the mac package installed on the ASA?

Yes under

Network(Client) Access > Advanced > SSL VPN> Client Settings > SSL VPN Client Images

I have these two packages:

anyconnect-win-2.3.0254-k9.pkg

anyconnect-macosx-i386-2.3.0254-k9.pkg

Can you post the configuration of the ASA? Make sure that you are not using a different port for webvpn or something. Also, what do you see when you run debug webvpn svc 255. You can attach the configuration and the debug as a text file.

<>debug webvpn svc 255

"INFO:debug webvpn svc enabled at level 255"

It seems you're using a different port. What if you go to the page instead, and try to start the anyconnect from within the portal. Does that work?

we are using a different port. When I go to the page from the mac it asks us to follow the link to install the client. The link does not provide a package that we are able to install to the Mac. I downloaded a .dmg package of the same version and installed it, but going through the webvpn it still believes any connect is not installed.

Thats really odd. Is your Mac an Intel mac? Or a PPC? When you go to the portal, on :65000, it should ask you to install. You might want to open a case with TAC to see what is going on.

it is an intel based mac. It even asks to install the intel mac package.

changing the port back to default fixed the issue, I was told by a sales engineer version 2.3.0277 fixes this issue. I can not find it for download at the moment, but will be upgrading immediately

Great!

Found the bug: CSCsl20808

Mac clients are still not downloading the package. If I send them the package and they install it they are able to connect but, it will not download and install it from the web-login.

salimsiddique
Level 1
Level 1

Was the problem resolved. Please share with us how you were able to resolve the problem. was it by just changing the port?

I have a MAC AIR running MAC OS X 10.5.6. Please let me know if I can install "anyconnect-macosx-i386-2.3.0254-k9.pkg" on my ASA and whether the client will install this on the mac air from the web?

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card