cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call restricting on Gateway

infosateng
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 2851 acting as my voice gateway for all of our customers. One client has a CM on site that I do not have access to, and when he sends calls to me the calling number is not a DID that I gave him.

How can I reject the calls unless he gives sends me a proper DID that is on my system?

Cheers!

Dave

11 Replies 11

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801c0a88.shtml

You configure so that when the calling number is recognized, you translate and route to a port.

But when it's something else, you make a translation do not make the call succeed.

Thanks, but I think what I need is something different.

I have 100's of clients and thousands of phone numbers. Each has a dial-peer for incoming (from PSTN) calls.

When a call is going out to PSTN it uses our default pots dial-peer and if the clients phone system sends my router the correct phone number it uses its matching dial-peer.

Here is an example:

calprigw1#sh voic call stat

port called codec dial-peers

1/0:23.20 *8665008676 g729r8 3138116/998

The calling number matches dial-peer 3138116 and the called number matches the outgoing DP 998. This is a call I would accept. Sometimes though the client does not send me their actual DID, so it looks like this:

calprigw1#sh voic call stat

1/0:23.20 *5551234 g729r8 0/998

In this case the number 5551234 is not a valid number on my system, but the router still sends it out to the PSTN. I want to be able to block these calls.

Any ideas?

Dave

What I wrote above.

The alternative, is a TCL script that checks validity of calling number using any criteria you set. If you pay me for, I can write that for you.

I see what you are saying p.bevilacqua but how do I have my translation rule check all of the numbers on the router to confirm they are valid? I am talking about a list of 2000 valid phone numbers.

Do I write a rule for even phone number?

Cheers & Thanks,

Dave

Agree it's much config, however using separated incoming voip DP and patterns in answer-address it might be doable.

Ah and that doesn't save you from the case where someone uses the calling number of another customer.

It's not that the router can have a magic way to know which calling number are valid and which are not.

Yeah I am not too worried about one client using another clients numbers, unlikely that will happen. It's more for those times when the client has a PBX on site and does not set it up well. Then when it comes to collecting CDR's and billing people end up with free long distance.

So for the answer-address would I put that on the voip DP's....or the pots? Hmmm?

Dave

On voip DP. The document explains it all.

Thanks, that seems like what I am looking for.....but!

I have a phone that when it calls out it sends the phone number 4035551234, not the actual number. If I change the VOIP dial-peer associated with it to include the line:

answer-address 4034511234

which is the actual phone number, then the call still ignores the DP and goes out like:

1/0:23.21 *4035434567 g729r8 0/998

So I don't see how this will help?

Dave

It hits the default DP, you have to make the translations so that unless it hits the specific DP, the called number is invalid.

Ok so my calls hit the default DP, that I agree with.

But how do I make a translation rule say that if you don't hit your specific DP the call fails?

I am trying to block calls based on calling number, not called.

Cheers and Thanks!

Dave

Like I said in my first reply.

When default DP is hit, no special prefix is added, and call will fail.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: