cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Server Updates Wizard - SQL and Exchange

sienz.sienz
Level 1
Level 1

I have question regarding the Cisco Unity Server Updates Wizard. This is the first time that I run this wizard. I usually running it though Windows Automatic Updates.

In the first step,

I have the option to install updates for:

1. Microsoft Windows 2000 Server or Microsoft Windows 2003

2. Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server or Exchange Server 2003

3. Microsoft SQL Server 2000 or MSDE 2003

The update # 1 is already checked so the Windows updates must be applied (Which I have no problem with).

Questions,

Is this recommended that I applied the updates # 2 (exchange) and 3 (SQL)?

If we apply the updates # 2 (exchange) and 3 (SQL), is this going to be the exchange/SQL application on this Unity Server, right?

I only run the update # 1 last night, I guess I will need to run the updates # 2 (exchange) and 3 (SQL)?

Can someone confirm?

Thank you

1 Reply 1

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Correct - the server updates wizard applies software updates to Exchange and SQL/MSDE running on the Unity server and does not touch other servers in your domain. Please note this is what I recommend - breaking your RAID1 mirror sets before applying any of these updates (in addition to having server backups or at minimum running DiRT backup). I also prefer NOT to apply all updates at one time (meaning OS + Exchange + SQL). I prefer to test in between and make sure Unity comes up OK. Otherwise it can make troubleshooting problematic and trying to figure out which update caused the problem.

Sincerely,

Ginger