cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Server Updates Wizard - SQL and Exchange

sienz.sienz
Level 1
Level 1

I have question regarding the Cisco Unity Server Updates Wizard. This is the first time that I run this wizard. I usually running it though Windows Automatic Updates.

In the first step,

I have the option to install updates for:

1. Microsoft Windows 2000 Server or Microsoft Windows 2003

2. Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server or Exchange Server 2003

3. Microsoft SQL Server 2000 or MSDE 2003

The update # 1 is already checked so the Windows updates must be applied (Which I have no problem with).

Questions,

Is this recommended that I applied the updates # 2 (exchange) and 3 (SQL)?

If we apply the updates # 2 (exchange) and 3 (SQL), is this going to be the exchange/SQL application on this Unity Server, right?

I only run the update # 1 last night, I guess I will need to run the updates # 2 (exchange) and 3 (SQL)?

Can someone confirm?

Thank you

1 Reply 1

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Correct - the server updates wizard applies software updates to Exchange and SQL/MSDE running on the Unity server and does not touch other servers in your domain. Please note this is what I recommend - breaking your RAID1 mirror sets before applying any of these updates (in addition to having server backups or at minimum running DiRT backup). I also prefer NOT to apply all updates at one time (meaning OS + Exchange + SQL). I prefer to test in between and make sure Unity comes up OK. Otherwise it can make troubleshooting problematic and trying to figure out which update caused the problem.

Sincerely,

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: