Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer a Call Without Answering?

brad_olson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

Is there a Call Manager feature (softkey?) that will allow someone that is receiving a call transfer it to a different extension without answering it? Sort of like iDivert, but where you could specify a different extension instead of it going to VM? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in Advance,

Brad

8 Replies 8

You can try to use:

Call Transfer

Another unselected softkey in the on hook call state is the Direct Transfer (DirTrfr) softkey. This softkey is used to transfer two active calls when you are on multiple lines of a phone, and you would like to connect the two calls without being part of the conversation. Without this feature, one would need to coordinate a new phone call between the recipients by bouncing between the two phone calls. Click the DirTrfr button while one of the calls is active, then highlight the other call using the rocker panel of the phone and then click the DirTrfr softkey again.

Not sure if you looking for such softkey.

Konrad:

I think this IS what I am looking fir! However, I cannot find where to configure it. Could you assist in that area?

Thanks,

Brad

DirTrfr requires that you answer the call before performing any functions. The purpose of the DirTrfr is to transfer two calls together that are active on your phone and drop you out of the mix. In others words, lets say you have two calls currently active on your phone. Call 1 & Call 2. While Call 1 is active highlight Call 2 and press DirTrfr. This process will transfer Call 1 to Call 2 and drop you out of the conversation. Going back to your orignal question, I do not think it is possible. You must have control of the call first before any options can be performed like transfer a call to another extension adhoc. However, if you are requesting to send this to a single extension and it be the same extension every time, then you might want to take a look at the idivert softkey. It is normally used for transfering a call to VM without ever answering the call.

There is no option for what you want other than iDivert, the usage of Direct Transfer is not what you think

Direct Transfer and Join Behavior

The following information describes Direct Transfer and Join behavior:

•Direct Transfer joins two established calls (call is in hold or in connected state) into one call and drops the feature initiator from the call. Direct Transfer does not initiate a consultation call and does not put the active call on hold.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmsys/a03dn.html#wpxref10553

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thanks everyone for your responses. If the DirTrfr is not what I need, what about a BlndTrfr?

Thanks,

Brad

A blind transfer is just a regular transfer that you press the softkey twice quickly and do not wait for the other end to answer the call. what do you mean by BlndTrfr? is that supposed to be a softkey?

HTH

java

HTH

java

From what I an find, I think it is a soft key. If it can't be done while on-hook, than just disregard. I will take more time and rate posts later. Thank you to everyone who responded.

Brad

There is no blind transfer softkey, that's why i was asking if you though it was a softkey or just how you shortened blind transfer.

A supervised transfer is when you press transfer, dial and when the other end answers you press transfer again.

A blind transfer, you press transfer, dial, and press transfer again without talking with the guy you're transferring the call to.

Other than iDivert there is no option for what you're looking for, any transfer feature we have needs you to answer the call.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: