cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 6.0.182.0

Darren Ramsey
Level 4
Level 4

Anyone running 6.0 and/or ClientLink? Let's hear some feedback...

34 Replies 34

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've loaded the firmware since yesterday. So far all looks OK and I haven't broken anything yet.

Wireless VoIP is still working fine.

well i have loaded ver 6.0 and i am having heaps on problems with static wep

Hi,

Can you let us know the specific issue with static wep?

regards,

Nagendra

Running 6.0 at 4 smaller hospitals with data only since Monday with no issues. Our 2 larger 400 bed hospitals have 7921 and Vocera, so we'll likely wait for a MR or 2.

Anyway here are some lab benchmarks you guys might find interesting. Measurements were taken from IXIA Chariot running 4 simultaneous high performance streams to and from the client. The client is running an Intel 4965 with 12.4.0.21 drivers. The 1142 is POE and the 1252 is full power via injector, both connections at GigE and 20Mhz channels. WISM running 4.2.205.0, 5.2.178.0 and 6.0.182.0 on the controller. Looks like 6.0 shows some downstream speed improvements.

1142.....4.2-NA...................................5.2-82Mb/Up-79Mb/Down.....6.0-86Mb/Up-101Mb/Down

1252.....4.2-84Mb/Up-68Mb/Down.....5.2-75Mb/Up-67Mb/Down.....6.0-83Mb/Up-101Mb/Down

Chris,according to 6.0.182's release notes, it says the 128-bit key size option for static WEP has been removed from the controller

GUI and CLI. That may be your root cause.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here's a few "cosmetic" things I've found:

1. The Rogue Summary is showing I have 23 Active Rogue APs, but if go into more detail, I can only count about 17-18. The numbers will remain that way until I reboot the controller.

2. The time on the WLC and the time on the LAP are approximately 10 hours off. If you do a "sh time" on the WLC and do a "sh ap eventlog", you'll notice a significant time difference. I've already noticed this since the 5.2.X firmware and I can't tell whether this happened in earlier releases. I've created a TAC Case regarding this and initial response is saying that I'm dreaming. He he he ...

Let me clarify #2: The LAP will display UTC in eventlogs.

gluker7388
Level 1
Level 1

i am running 6.0.182.0. bought had a stroke this morning when i rebooted a wlc. the lag was diabled when the wlc came back online. other than that all appears to be runing very smooth.

running it on all our wisms (4) ans 3750's with wlc's and life's good so far

love the client aggregation and enhanced reporting

has anyone experienced any slow roaming or signal bouncing?

Have tested roaming with some Rim devices and works fine.

have not tested with critical stuff like voice or video yet.

what do you mean with signal bouncing?

own ap's detected as rogues?

yes, own ap's detected as rogues.

Hi there, I am just reading, that you experienced somtehing like signal bouncing ... I am afraid I have similar problems ... clients reports signal strength fluctuating.

Is that what you mean by signal bouncing? And any solution for this ?!

Thanks a lot

Pavel Jenicek

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Gary,

When you said "own ap's as rogue", do you get a "potential honeypot" eventlogs?

If so, this is a well-known (and well-reported) bug. Each AP reports another as a "potential honeypot". One way of addressing this is to relocate the offending AP's somewhere else or playing around with the Radio Resources Management. Frankly, I'd relocate the AP.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card