cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting away from FXO/FXS modules

julio
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to get away from using these devices? We have been using the VIC-2FXS and VIC-2FXO cards, are replacing all the routers to the 2800 series and don't want to have to buy the VIC2-FXO and VIC2-2FXS cards since the old generation cards do not work with the 2800 routers. Does anyone have an alternate solution to using DNs that are on a PRI and not using FXS cards?

I don't want to have to buy all generation 2 VIC2-2FXO and FXS cards for the 2800 routers as well. Has anyone done anything different that can save me some money.

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I think you have missed an important point, what is that you need to do with the fxs/fxo ?

A few things:

If you're using the FXO cards for PSTN connectivity, look into SIP trunks.

If you're using the FXS ports for analog phones, look into IP phones.

If you're stuck with analog phones, or you're integrating with a PBX that needs FXO/FXS ports, there isn't another option.

If you are integrating with a PBX, see if they do H323 or SIP trunking instead of via FXO/FXS.

If you're tied to analog phones, you can look to something like the VG202 or VG204, or VG224 for higher density.

Other than that, no. But you can probably do something else if you're willing to change it around a bit.

-nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: