cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why don't I hear AA prompt? UC520 CCA1.9

mcastrigno
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to set up the AA on my UC520 with CCA 1.9 with the included script aa_tarasfer2.aef and the menu prompt AABusinessOpen.wav but when I call the AA extension the function works ie the correct extension is dialed as configured but I hear no prompt.

How can I hear what is recorded for a menu prompt?

Thanks!

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Matthew,

I just looked on a lab system, and that particular prompt was simply just a short period of silence.  I'll have to double check, but it is possible this is actually deliberate as it is expected that you would normally re-record this to supply details of the menu options if nothing else - though I admit that does seem a little unlikely.

Anyway, the AAWelcome prompt on my machine looked fine, so can I ask you to try switching to that prompt.  That will show whether it is just the prompt file that is the issue.

Cheers,

Dave.

View solution in original post

JOHN NIKOLATOS
Level 3
Level 3

That prompt is blank for some reason...  I ran into that same issue today....  So you will have to re-record it.  Or copy a WAV prompt from another system.  Or simply pick a new WAV prompt like suggested.  Do you know how to set up a prompt management dial-peer?  If not hit me back and I will help out.  There is a few different wys to solve this one...  but basically your prompt is just blank silence..

So I dialed into the number as well...  and I heard the prompt saying "AA is not set up"..... but again, this is just a recording...  you can implement what I told you and rerecord it to say anything you want.  You confirmed my idea that you had a BLANK prompt.  I know this because now one plays..  I did hit option #1 and a lady picked up...  so again, just record the prompt again to say waht you need.

We probably need to reword that part of the user interface a bit, since I can easily see how it is confusing.  Basically the text box where you enter the extension and the button underneath it are two separate parts of configuring prompt management.  The text box specified the extension to dial to access prompt management, which the button allows you to select which users will be able to administer prompts.  What you may not be aware of is that when you call prompt management, the first thing you get is prompted for your extension number and voicemail PIN in order to check whether you are allowed to change the prompts.

Since prompt management is of most use when you can dial in from the PSTN to make changes, such as when the office is closed due to weather problems for example, it is not sufficient to check that the call is being received from specific phones on the premises.

I'll flag this discussion with the CCA product team and see if we can reword the user interface a little in one of the upcoming releases.

Cheers,

Dave.

17 Replies 17

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well, typically you should hear the prompt, so clearly something is broken here.  Do you get any prompts at all when calling the AA?  What about if you call voicemail - do you get any prompts then?

And where are you calling from?  Are you calling from a phone registered to that UC500, or from the PSTN?  Also, if you are calling from the PSTN, is the call coming into the UC500 over analog trunks, ISDN, or SIP?

If you can provide a few of these details, that will help narrow the problem down a bit.

Cheers,

Dave.

I called the AA extension from the only IP phone on the system. It (the phone) works in every other way so I assume it is registered to the UC520 (it shows up in CCA)

The voice mail prompts work. I can call the voice mail extension and access voice mail.

I also tried setting up my DID (SIP) to the AA extension with the same result - I could get the right extension by pressing the right digit but no prompts was heard. Also on the DID the system hangs up after a few seconds if I don't press a button - is this configurable?

Thanks

Ok, the fact that voicemail is working validates a few things.  Is this the only AA configured, or do you have multiple AAs?  In fact, if you could attach a screenshot of the AA config window in CCA to this discussion, that would help.  Also, is the prompt in question re-recorded at all or is is the system default prompt?  If it was re-recorded, how did you record the prompt?  Using the prompt manager interface, or by uploading a wav file?

Cheers,

Dave.

Dave,

It is a system prompt. I have recorded no prompts (seperate problem as it won't let assign the one phone I have for prompt recording.)

Only one AA is configured.

Screen shot is attached.

Thanks,

Matthew

Hi Matthew,

I just looked on a lab system, and that particular prompt was simply just a short period of silence.  I'll have to double check, but it is possible this is actually deliberate as it is expected that you would normally re-record this to supply details of the menu options if nothing else - though I admit that does seem a little unlikely.

Anyway, the AAWelcome prompt on my machine looked fine, so can I ask you to try switching to that prompt.  That will show whether it is just the prompt file that is the issue.

Cheers,

Dave.

JOHN NIKOLATOS
Level 3
Level 3

That prompt is blank for some reason...  I ran into that same issue today....  So you will have to re-record it.  Or copy a WAV prompt from another system.  Or simply pick a new WAV prompt like suggested.  Do you know how to set up a prompt management dial-peer?  If not hit me back and I will help out.  There is a few different wys to solve this one...  but basically your prompt is just blank silence..

"Silence is golden" - unless it is a AA prompt. It is a very small file - that would explain it.

When you say do I know how to set up a  "prompt management dial-peer" if you mean set a phone to record prompts - no I am having trouble doing that with CCA 1.9 - it tells me the phone already has a user. I only have one phone so how do get around this seemingly silly restriction?

Thanks.

Go to the CLI....  by telneting or SSH into the box.

Here is how to setup AA RECORDING... VIA TELEPHONE.

Make sure "2002" is not in use...and 10.1.10.1 is your CUE IP address.

Add this command... to CME side...

dial-peer voice 2002 voip
description AA RECORDING VIA TELEPHONE
destination-pattern 510
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:10.1.10.1
dtmf-relay sip-notify
codec g711ulaw
no vad
!

Then telenet into the CUE side form the CLI....

service-module integrated-service-engine 0/0 session

then you have to enter these commands in the CLI of the CUE.

ccn application promptmgmt aa
description "promptmgmt"
enabled
maxsessions 1
script "promptmgmt.aef"
end application

ccn trigger sip phonenumber 510
application "promptmgmt"
enabled
maxsessions 1
end trigger

** When you dial extension 510 - you will hear the prompt management... Then you can record and listen to all prompts that you have...  using your telephone..

try to see if you have a BLANK prompt...

-------------------------------------

You can also listen to the prompts from 10.1.10.1 and then go to and then you cna download to your PC and listen to them...  But to record them there is a process....  but you may be able to FIND the wav file you are using and if it is BLANK at that level...

-------------------------------------------------------------

Also make sure you have the following similar commands in your UC500..  my auto attendant is at etension 198.... 

-------------CME COMMANDS-----------------

dial-peer voice 2001 voip
description ** cue auto attendant number **
translation-profile outgoing PSTN_CallForwarding
destination-pattern 198
b2bua
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:10.1.10.1
dtmf-relay sip-notify
codec g711ulaw
no vad
!

-----------CUE COMMANDS-------------

ccn application autoattendant aa
description "autoattendant"
enabled
maxsessions 6
script "aa_sbcs_v01.aef"
parameter "allowExternalTransfers" "false"
parameter "BusinessHoursOptionPound" "none"
parameter "AfterHoursOptionStar" "102"
parameter "AfterHoursMenuPrompt" "AABusinessClosed.wav"
parameter "AfterHoursOption0" "none"
parameter "AfterHoursOption1" "none"
parameter "AfterHoursOption2" "none"
parameter "DialByNameDigit" "4"
parameter "AfterHoursOption3" "none"
parameter "AfterHoursOption4" "none"
parameter "AfterHoursOption5" "none"
parameter "AfterHoursOption6" "none"
parameter "DialByExtensionAnytime" "true"
parameter "AfterHoursOption7" "none"
parameter "AfterHoursOption8" "none"
parameter "AfterHoursOption9" "none"
parameter "BusinessHoursOption9" "none"
parameter "BusinessHoursOption8" "none"
parameter "BusinessHoursOption7" "none"
parameter "BusinessHoursOption6" "none"
parameter "BusinessHoursOption5" "none"
parameter "BusinessHoursOption4" "none"
parameter "Schedule" "systemschedule"
parameter "extensionLength" "3"
parameter "BusinessHoursOption3" "559"
parameter "BusinessHoursOption2" "039"
parameter "BusinessHoursOption1" "556"
parameter "BusinessHoursOption0" "100"
parameter "AfterHoursOptionPound" "none"
parameter "BusinessHourMenuPrompt" "AAWelcome.wav"
parameter "BusinessHoursOptionStar" "102"
parameter "maxRetry" "3"
end application

ccn trigger sip phonenumber 198
application "autoattendant"
enabled
maxsessions 6
end trigger

I changed the prompt to "AASPlayExtension.wav".

When I call, I get "The Automated Attendant is not initialized please see your system blah blah..."

I doubt this is the content of this prompt?

Something more sinister is going on here.

you can here it for yourself

208-350-6322

I set the DID to the AA extension.

Also I tried to set the prompt recording extension and got the error in the screen shot attached.

Thanks,

Matthew

I am offsite so I cannot test your configuration post. For testing at this point I can only set the DID to the extension I want to call. I cannot call from an extentsion unitl I am on site again (about 100 miles from here)

I can't see any error in the screenshot you attached, so can you re-attach the correct one (or point out my blindness if I have missed something ;) ).

On the prompt issue, I tried dialing the number you quoted and got the AAWelcome prompt, so I'm guessing you've either resolved the problem in the meantime, or else the AA was still coming up after a reboot or something when you tested.

And on your first issue of allocating a prompt management user being prevented, it should not have been.  Can you attach a screenshot of that error too?

Cheers,

Dave.

Not sure what I posted to you last time but take a look at this.

Look for the red text and red highlight box.

Thanks!

Ok.  That error is because the 'Prompt Recording Extension' field is for the extension number a user would dial to access the prompt administrator.  When you specified x201 here, you were specifying a number that is already in use.  Typically, this extension would be set to something in a similar range to the VM and AA number, though there are no restrictions and you can set it to any number that suits you.  But as an example, an installation might set x299 as the voicemail access number, x298 as the AA number, and x297 as the Prompt Administrator number.  The user then dials 297 on any of the phones to access the prompt administraion interface.

Cheers,

Dave.

Makes totol sense to me as that is how my panasonic works.

But look at the dialog box - it says "Record Using Phone" not "Enter Exstention for prompt recording" I put in the only extension I had.

Thanks Dave

I will try to set those extensions

We probably need to reword that part of the user interface a bit, since I can easily see how it is confusing.  Basically the text box where you enter the extension and the button underneath it are two separate parts of configuring prompt management.  The text box specified the extension to dial to access prompt management, which the button allows you to select which users will be able to administer prompts.  What you may not be aware of is that when you call prompt management, the first thing you get is prompted for your extension number and voicemail PIN in order to check whether you are allowed to change the prompts.

Since prompt management is of most use when you can dial in from the PSTN to make changes, such as when the office is closed due to weather problems for example, it is not sufficient to check that the call is being received from specific phones on the premises.

I'll flag this discussion with the CCA product team and see if we can reword the user interface a little in one of the upcoming releases.

Cheers,

Dave.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: