Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N V2 and Intel 5300 AGN can't connect at N speeds

kirksaban
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Dell Latitude E6500 with the Intel WiFi Link 5300 AGN adapter.  I cannot get it to connect to my WRVS4400N V2 at anything higher than 54 Mbps.  I have downloaded the latest driver from Intel and N mode is enabled.  Has anyone else managed to get these two to work together?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

wichilds
Level 4
Level 4

Thank you for your patience. After some research, I found on the Intel website that the card you have only operates in the 5 Ghz range. The WRVS4400N only operates in the 2.4 Ghz range. Therefore you will need to set the card (if possible) to the 2.4 Ghz range, or it will never work. If this is not possible, which it most likely is not, you will need a new wireless card or a new wireless router.

Best of luck,

Bill

I am having the same problem as kirksaban.  I have an HP EliteBook 8530p with an Intel 5300 AGN.  It can detect my WiFi network from the WRVS4400N is 802.11n, but it will only connect at 802.11g speeds.  We have both an older and newer MacBook Pro that both can connect faster than 54 Mbps, but the HP will not.  I checked the product brief on Intel's site and it claims the 5300 AGN will operate at both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz (I will try to paste URLs below).  Where did you find it would only operate at 5.0 GHz?  Are we sure the band on the 5300 AGN is the problem?

http://www.intel.com/network/connectivity/products/wireless/adapters/5000/index.htm

http://download.intel.com/network/connectivity/products/wireless/319982.pdf

Installed Intel Proset/Wireless.  Once the software is installed, it has the ability to control the band by wireless connection.  The default is Mixed and it will negotiate to the needed band.  To rule out the band, I changed it to 2.4 GHz to ensure it was not attempting to connect on another band, it had no effect with the same 54 Mbps speed.  Please see screenshot below.

intel_5300agn_cisco_wrvs440n_24ghz.jpg