WLC 2106 with directly connected Accesspoints

Unanswered Question
Jun 17th, 2009

I've tried to connect and join 1131AG directly to WLC2106 but it doesn't work. I can't find any solution/description for this but this feature is offered for the 2100 series. At the moment I use a L3 switch where I have connected the AP and also WLC and all works well(different WLAN's).I have also configured an additional Port(4) on WLC to separate a guest vlan, also no problem. But how can I built a small wireless environment where the accesspoints directly connected to the WLC(without the need of a switch)?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
naks Thu, 06/18/2009 - 05:45

Have you connected it to one of the POE ports? If yes, can you enable the following debugs:

debug capwap events enable

debug capwap errors enable

If you are using lwapp code, please substitute capwap with lwapp in the above debugs. Your controller config would also help.

rocco.scholz Fri, 06/19/2009 - 05:38

Hi Nagendra,

thanks for reply, I think I found a solution but it's really complicated. I've configured LWAPP settings via console but this is only possible if you have an ap which was never joined to a controller otherwise you must change default user/password first to setup LWAPP credentials via console. Afterwards I can connect the ap directly to the 2106 and it joins perfectly but I thought it was easier to deploy a small wireless environment if I have just a few accesspoints.

This Discussion