cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Random Email notifications

askq2forum
Level 1
Level 1

we have a Unity system where we have set up a smart host and are doing email message notifications. Some customers are experiencing notifications from the system but there is no actual VM in their mailbox - they do get some correct notifications but also these ghost notifications with no message actually in the inbox. Checked subscriber report and no other Subscriber has this email as a notification destination incorrectly configured. Message tracking just tells us details of from and to, times etc - is there a micro trace I can run?...cheers Jag

2 Replies 2

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Notification is exactly that. It notifies the user they have a message. It should not have a message attached to it. If it had a message attached to it, this would be full Unified Messaging and not a notification. Maybe there is a problem with wording here. Are you talking truly about notification of a message or are you talking about unified messaging messages?

Tray

Its a vm only system, i'm referring to their Unity mailbox i.e there is no vm in the subscribers account but they are still getting a notification. This is not UM.