cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Random Email notifications

askq2forum
Level 1
Level 1

we have a Unity system where we have set up a smart host and are doing email message notifications. Some customers are experiencing notifications from the system but there is no actual VM in their mailbox - they do get some correct notifications but also these ghost notifications with no message actually in the inbox. Checked subscriber report and no other Subscriber has this email as a notification destination incorrectly configured. Message tracking just tells us details of from and to, times etc - is there a micro trace I can run?...cheers Jag

2 Replies 2

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Notification is exactly that. It notifies the user they have a message. It should not have a message attached to it. If it had a message attached to it, this would be full Unified Messaging and not a notification. Maybe there is a problem with wording here. Are you talking truly about notification of a message or are you talking about unified messaging messages?

Tray

Its a vm only system, i'm referring to their Unity mailbox i.e there is no vm in the subscribers account but they are still getting a notification. This is not UM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: