Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail

How can I make my phonenumber get connected to the voicemail when I quit for the day when I have a transferring of my number to my secretary? Is it possible to make the phone transferred to the voicemail in the end of the day? And then configure it back in the next morning? Please help me in the simpliest way :-)

4 Replies 4

ashok_boin
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

It's very simple. Use "Cfwdall" feature on your IP phone.

Pls follow the procedure mentioned in the followingl link.

http://i.its.maine.edu/help/computing/iptelephony/ciscoip/ciscocallforwarding/

Regards..

-Ashok.

With best regards...
Ashok

Thanks for your reply. But my phonecalls aren't forwarded as in the usual way. They are forwarded trough the Cisco Communcation Manager. It is configured as "forward all" to the secretary. I want it to be like that always during the day but in the evenings I want to enable the voicemail,so that the phonecalls dont go through the secretary, but I dont want to need to change anything in the Cisco Communcation Manager, is this possible?Thanks again!

Hi Alexandra,

Have you thought of just asking the Secretary to Call Forward All to VM at the end of the day b4 they go home (or even setting this phone to Call forward No answer to VM)? By default, most VM systems use the "First Redirecting Number" when the call arrives. So when a call routes via your DN > CFWDALL> Secretary> Forward> VM; the Greeting that would be played would be yours not the Secretaries and the message would be left in your mailbox.

Just a thought :)

Rob

Hi, Thanks for gor suggestion. It seems to be a great one. But then I wonder, how do I make the phonecalls get forwarded to the voicemail in the Cisco Call Manager? I can see that it is possible to forward calls to different numbers, but where do I cahnge so that the fowarded is to the voicemail? Can I do it from my deskphone? Thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: