LMS 3.1 with ACS - doubts about missing devices on ACS

Answered Question
Jun 18th, 2009

Hi guys,

I've LMS 3.1 integrated with ACS. There are 2 devices which I can't see on DCR device list (Common Services > Devices and Credentials) and when I try to add them to DCR I get "Duplicate Device Name". I've checked here in forum and know that the reason for this is that apparently these devices are not on ACS, because I can see then on "Common Services > Device and Credentials > Reports > Devices not in ACS report".

So, my questions are:

1) In this case, I think that devices are registered on DCR, I just can't see then on Common Services, right?

2) Will configuration for these devices be archived by RME, even that I can't see these devices on Common Services, that is, even that they are not on ACS? These 2 devices where configured for archiving before had "disappeared" from CS, that is, I could see devices on CS before and archive for then was working. Probably they were deleted from ACS on some moment.

Thank you,

Regards.

Flaviano.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 7 years 5 months ago

The latest version of the config is always kept under the shadow subdirectory within dcma (assuming that is enabled). The directory is meant for human consumption.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Joe Clarke Thu, 06/18/2009 - 08:32

1. Right. Only devices configured in the ACS server will be visible in the device selectors.

2. No. According to LMS, they are not authorized for management.

flaviano.leoncini Thu, 06/18/2009 - 09:58

Hi,

Still related to item 2, if configuration for a device has been archived in some moment before, can I get the txt configuration files from the path configured for archive Mgmt (in my case "F:/PROGRA~1/CSCOpx/files/rme/dcma"), right? In this case, should I look at 'devfiles' folder and search for the most recent file? Or should I look for another folder?

Thanks again,

Regards,

Flaviano.

Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Thu, 06/18/2009 - 10:05

The latest version of the config is always kept under the shadow subdirectory within dcma (assuming that is enabled). The directory is meant for human consumption.

Actions

This Discussion