Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 with ACS - doubts about missing devices on ACS

Hi guys,

I've LMS 3.1 integrated with ACS. There are 2 devices which I can't see on DCR device list (Common Services > Devices and Credentials) and when I try to add them to DCR I get "Duplicate Device Name". I've checked here in forum and know that the reason for this is that apparently these devices are not on ACS, because I can see then on "Common Services > Device and Credentials > Reports > Devices not in ACS report".

So, my questions are:

1) In this case, I think that devices are registered on DCR, I just can't see then on Common Services, right?

2) Will configuration for these devices be archived by RME, even that I can't see these devices on Common Services, that is, even that they are not on ACS? These 2 devices where configured for archiving before had "disappeared" from CS, that is, I could see devices on CS before and archive for then was working. Probably they were deleted from ACS on some moment.

Thank you,

Regards.

Flaviano.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The latest version of the config is always kept under the shadow subdirectory within dcma (assuming that is enabled). The directory is meant for human consumption.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. Right. Only devices configured in the ACS server will be visible in the device selectors.

2. No. According to LMS, they are not authorized for management.

Hi,

Still related to item 2, if configuration for a device has been archived in some moment before, can I get the txt configuration files from the path configured for archive Mgmt (in my case "F:/PROGRA~1/CSCOpx/files/rme/dcma"), right? In this case, should I look at 'devfiles' folder and search for the most recent file? Or should I look for another folder?

Thanks again,

Regards,

Flaviano.

The latest version of the config is always kept under the shadow subdirectory within dcma (assuming that is enabled). The directory is meant for human consumption.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: